Rear lens cap stucked!!!

normanho23

Jun 1, 2010
Woodlands / Jurong East
Used a Tamron (Pentax mount) rear lens cap and not kanna stucked. Cannot remove. Any solution? It has always worked fine but somehow this time kanna stucked... Pls help!!! Thanks.

can you still twist turn it a bit or totally stuck? happened to me once but it came off after wriggling it for awhile. for my case, it happens if i don't align the marking on the tamron cap to the orange dot on the lens, since the rear cap could fit the mount at several places.

Wah I kena two times with my tamron, the 2nd one really make me sweat but I force it somehow and it came off w/o damaging.

If your mount is metal and the cap is plastic, why not just yank it out? Don't think the cap can damage your lens..

Used a Tamron (Pentax mount) rear lens cap and not kanna stucked. Cannot remove. Any solution? It has always worked fine but somehow this time kanna stucked... Pls help!!! Thanks.

er, it shouldn't be a problem la, just ease it slowly...

Try to push or pull the cap a bit when you turn it (in CCW direction), it should be able to come out.

I don't like those Tamron and Sigma rear lens caps, too hard to put on sometimes. I replaced mine w/ Pentax ones :)

Try to push or pull the cap a bit when you turn it (in CCW direction), it should be able to come out.

I don't like those Tamron and Sigma rear lens caps, too hard to put on sometimes. I replaced mine w/ Pentax ones :)

Yeah . Dun Like my tamron one too . I replace with the 3rd party one that u pass me last time too :)

Last edited:
Just turn it to the point u feel u can pull but it still stuck, Coz that point is the point where I managed to pull it out using abit more force. But its a little risky.

it happen to me once but I it force out...and i liquid paper all my tamron cap with a white line so i can align it with the red dot...

Tamron and Sigma lens cap very annoying, only can put on when in a certain alignment. If you put it on in another alignment without realizing, it will get stuck like what happened to you.

I just bought some Pentax replica ones from eBay. They don't work as smoothly as the original Pentax ones but for the price I ain't complaining. Mine do have the "Pentax" "Japan" wordings, but if you find one that looks like the Pentax one but doesn't have the words, you might have better functionality. The replica I got from FW works exactly like the original Pentax one.

The original Pentax one or the replica ones (exactly the same but without the Pentax name) are still the best. Perhaps a mass order is in order... :lovegrin:

Just to elaborate, I bought these ones which say "Pentax Japan" but are a little tight:

http://cgi.ebay.com/3pcs-Pentax-PK-...68122?pt=Lens_Accessories&hash=item415270567a

These ones that say "PK" might work better based on my previous experience. I'm not sure about this particular seller but I think they all come out of the same China factory :bsmilie:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-5-x-Pentax-...07180?pt=Lens_Accessories&hash=item2eb13db62c