Really Old Notes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

siron

Mar 18, 2002
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
Hi guys,

You see I have some really old notes with me, as old as Banana money since the Japanese Occupation. Also I have the MALYAN money, also the Singapore Orchid ($50, $55, $1) money.

Is it worth money now? Was wondering if its a good time to let go....

The Malayan Money is " BOARD OF COMMISSION OF CURRENCY MALAYA AND BRITISH BORNEO"

Any ideas on the value??

Thanks!

Everytime pass by The Aldephi from Funan IT Mall's overhead bridge I see a money collector shop or something like that...maybe you can try asking them to valuate for you...

highly dependent on the condition on your notes. if mint or very clean may be worth a bit. like everything else, the worth is dependent on supply and demand.

not worth lah, u gimme can liao lah!! haha

check ebay and yahoo auction?

actually since jap occupation is not really old....i will suggest u keep it for your great-grandson, should worth more by then

for me i collect special numbers, uncut sheets and also some rare and old notes & coins. These worth more $ because they are rare. One of them even dated a century ago

I had a few Dutch coins that dates back to the Dutch East Indies' days... 150+ years or so?

what about javaese copper coins. they predates the dutch's east india co.

go for the best condition your money can buy. mint or uncirculated.

Wai said:
check ebay and yahoo auction?

actually since jap occupation is not really old....i will suggest u keep it for your great-grandson, should worth more by then

for me i collect special numbers, uncut sheets and also some rare and old notes & coins. These worth more $ because they are rare. One of them even dated a century ago

Infact I have a note Singapore $10 note "King Fisher" seriel is B/63 7777777.
Ya think this worth money?

Jap Occupation not older then Malaya notes... I have that too. :)

I have 5 pcs of $100 Banana Money
And some BIG S$1 coins
I am also interested to know the value and if I can sell it

what year/s are your big lion S$1 coins and their condition? i may
be interested.

the banana notes i tink last time i went for heritage tour they selling one piece at 10 bucks or something...dunno its authenticy or anything though....didnt take note then...

Witness said:
the banana notes i tink last time i went for heritage tour they selling one piece at 10 bucks or something...dunno its authenticy or anything though....didnt take note then...
See if you Banana notes has the LETTERS, "MP" there? If so, its not real. :) Smile... I have alot of the BIG $1 Singapore Coins. :)

I used to dabble in the stamp trade (as in buying and selling). I gave up buying from the public because invariable i am faced with albums of "worthless" stamps which is either in bad condition or very common, but which the owner thinks is worth a lot of $$ because "from my father's collection/from the 1960s/first day cover/blah blah".

If you have a collection of notes, stamps, etc especially those "collectibles", do enjoy them as they are, but be prepared that they will not be worth much real cash if you try to sell them.

I have a coin that is dated 1890. Last time I asked it was worth 700 bucks. I also have some Dutch coins dated 1 1/2 centuries ago and plent of Singapore old big $1 coin with the fish. Not too sure what they are worth now. But I will be keeping it for my children to continue the legacy.

if anyone here selling the big $1 coin/$1,$5 orchid series pls pm me. Cos i'm interested to get a few.
Tks! :)

Those of you interested in finding out more can contact Johnny Lim. HP: 9003 2980. E-Mail: crp192sqn@yahoo.com.sg

I met this guy briefly during a wedding shoot I once did, and found out that he is a professional currency collector/trader. I do NOT know him other than my brief encounter during that wedding shoot.

Perhaps he can offer some answers or opinions.

All the best! ;)

siron said:
Hi guys,

You see I have some really old notes with me, as old as Banana money since the Japanese Occupation. Also I have the MALYAN money, also the Singapore Orchid ($50, $55, $1) money.

Is it worth money now? Was wondering if its a good time to let go....

The Malayan Money is " BOARD OF COMMISSION OF CURRENCY MALAYA AND BRITISH BORNEO"

Any ideas on the value??

Thanks!

ha. me too.. i have them.. and i can tell u... my condition was like super clean ones *yellowish onli, no tears and dirt*.. and they onli give me $5 for $1 notes...

and i have one.. a antique.. a ration coupon from the Japs.. blehs.. worthless... so i have to keep them for my future kids lor.. if i haf tat is.. lol..

i haf lots of WWII docs from my grandpa.. but nv asked for them... if i asked for them.would be asking for tai chi from him... ;)

can contact jamesong (james song)
he deals with this kinda stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.