Real or Fake Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

naviseal

Feb 27, 2004
Coronado
yesterday just brought a pendent from a fengshui shop and was told that it was made of gold and some gems, wasn't sure true or not coz they dun have any verification or document etc like some jewery shop give. however i backside itches go buy without thinking!!! :cry:
Beside going to any jewery shop to check whether this is real or fake, how can a novice like me check? :dunno: btw this pendent cost me 4 digit !!! heart pain.

walk into any pawn shop and said you like to pawn it. they will give you an assessment of the value, if they will accept it as a pawn.

reachme2003 said:
walk into any pawn shop and said you like to pawn it. they will give you an assessment of the value, if they will accept it as a pawn.

a bit pai sei to walk into pawn shop leh. :embrass: anyway thx.

naviseal said:
yesterday just brought a pendent from a fengshui shop and was told that it was made of gold and some gems, wasn't sure true or not coz they dun have any verification or document etc like some jewery shop give. however i backside itches go buy without thinking!!! :cry:
Beside going to any jewery shop to check whether this is real or fake, how can a novice like me check? :dunno: btw this pendent cost me 4 digit !!! heart pain.

Peng Song Hua? hehehe ......

interesting... what else did the fengshui guy say?
anything about winning 4D or not?
:D

naviseal said:
a bit pai sei to walk into pawn shop leh. :embrass: anyway thx.

Pai Sei? you just part with 4 digit $ for something which has no documentation whatsoever other than what the vendor told you.

By the way, pawnshops do not charge for valuation. It is free!! You do not want?

yeah... besides, those pawnshop people are so darn bored. just look at them sitting behind bars all day like jail birds... nothing to do, no business most of the time some more...
...sad life man

give them something to do and let them fondle your gold lah! ;)

LiOnElLiN said:
interesting... what else did the fengshui guy say?
anything about winning 4D or not?
:D

Sad.....he siad i am damm unluck in gambling :cry: :cry: :cry:

reachme2003 said:
Pai Sei? you just part with 4 digit $ for something which has no documentation whatsoever other than what the vendor told you.

By the way, pawnshops do not charge for valuation. It is free!! You do not want?

freeone of course i want.

i will go to the nearest pawn shop to check tonite or tomorrow.
hopefully the rates they quote is somewhere near the buying price.
will revert the rates again. :confused:

LiOnElLiN said:
yeah... besides, those pawnshop people are so darn bored. just look at them sitting behind bars all day like jail birds... nothing to do, no business most of the time some more...
...sad life man

give them something to do and let them fondle your gold lah! ;)

'No business most of the time'. Singapore Post is getting into this business. They have received the license and are renovating two post offices for this new business. FYI, each licensee needs a paid-up capital of $2 million. No small peanuts.

reachme2003 said:
'No business most of the time'. Singapore Post is getting into this business. They have received the license and are renovating two post offices for this new business. FYI, each licensee needs a paid-up capital of $2 million. No small peanuts.

great info
thanks for the tip
will bear that in mind the next time i consider setting up such a business...

Interesting way:

just weigh your necklace and compare the price you bought with.... and the rate of gold nowadays....

Got gems? minus away some value also...
What kinda gems? diamonds?

Then that will be tricky... you gotta estimate carat, purity and colouration... compare on newspapers...

Or the really lazy way...

GO TO THE PAWNSHOP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.