Real-Life Job Interview Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car. Think before you continue reading.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back.

However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer.

WHAT DID HE SAY?

I'd lend my car to my friend, and ask him to drive the old lady to hospital (I'll belanja yum cha later for him). Then spend some quality time with that chick and hopefully I can take beautiful pictures of her.

Am I employed?

Originally posted by randomwalk
I'd lend my car to my friend, and ask him to drive the old lady to hospital (I'll belanja yum cha later for him). Then spend some quality time with that chick and hopefully I can take beautiful pictures of her.

Am I employed?
:thumbsup:

:gbounce:

If my friend was drunk at that time....hmmm then I dunno. :D Maybe I'll get the old lady to drive herself to the hospital. :dunno:

I don't have a car, I can't afford one, heck, I don't even have a license! And I'm also married...

Am I shown the door? :p

Originally posted by Fella
I don't have a car, I can't afford one, heck, I don't even have a license! And I'm also married...

Am I shown the door? :p
How miserable life can be! :D

Just kidding. :D

:Later,

Come on come on ... think out of the box ;)

Stash the old lady in the boot. Tie the friend on the bonnet. Get the lady in the front seat. One passenger _in_ the car.

Darren, are they the same person? ie:

The old lady=The old friend=The perfect partner

Hence there is no need to choose, just bring him/her inside the sportscar right away.

Am I employed?

i am inclined to agree with this.

however if i were suddenly caught in that situation, I would most probably choose the old lady.

Actually randomwalk already posted the correct answer ...

.. but here is the R(A) version.

Run over the old lady to put her out of her misery, have wild raunchy sex with the dream partner in the bushes behind the bus-stop and then drive off with your old friend to have a few cold beers and reminisce about old times.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :devil: :rbounce:

I'd pick the old lady..

Cause if the old friend understands me, he/she won't hold grudges against me for not picking him/her.

And for the perfect partner, I'd probably score or not score with her, nobody noes..Its the future..

But I'd definitely know that I've save the old lady if I pick her..

I'll just offer the "perfect partner" a lift and leave the other 2 there.;)

If the old lady was really dying, she wouldn't be waiting for a bus.
If your fren was really in a hurry to go anywhere he/she wouldn't be waiting for the bus either. You could pay him back big time when there's a another opportunity.:D

Just curious, is this interview for a management job? I can see how it is coming:

The old lady refers to the old worker who has worked in the company for 20+ years, and waiting for the retirement package.

The old friend refer to the guy that helped you get this job few years ago.

The perfect partner refer to the best performance worker you have, but he/she is too young.

Now if you are the manager, who will you promote and give a pay rise?

Originally posted by Darren
.. but here is the R(A) version.

Run over the old lady to put her out of her misery, have wild raunchy sex with the dream partner in the bushes behind the bus-stop and then drive off with your old friend to have a few cold beers and reminisce about old times.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :devil: :rbounce:

Ingenius! I bow before your greatness! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Darren
This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car. Think before you continue reading.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back.

However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer.

WHAT DID HE SAY?

so what did he say?

ermm...get the fren *my fren has a driving license already* to drive the old lady. and i'll wait with my perfect partner i've been dreaming about in the bus stop *talk lor...ask for contact number, etc*. while my fren send the old lady...my fren will come back to fetch me.

sometink like this?

Am I employed?
in the storm??

hope your water proof kit works.. :D

Originally posted by jOhO
in the storm??

hope your water proof kit works.. :D

Well if she wants to do something "else" *wink wink* I'd be most willing to oblige. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.