Real Life Difference Between WCON07 & 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconvent

Apr 12, 2005
After 2 weeks, still hunting around for a wcon08.
anyone who used them can feedback on what is the difference between the 07 and 08?
I understand the 08 has been replaced by the 08b but the price is much higher?
Getting very discouraged looking for 08, so very tempted to buy a third party WCON+MACRO lens (only cost $60+!)
I know they are not as good as the Olympus lens from what I read here but perhaps its decent enough for non-professional use?
cheers

The difference between the WCON08 and b is the lens thread. The WCON08 has 55mm thread, which can be screwed directly unto the FZ-5. The WCON08b has a 62mm screw thread.

airconvent said:
After 2 weeks, still hunting around for a wcon08.
anyone who used them can feedback on what is the difference between the 07 and 08?
Getting very discouraged looking for 08, so very tempted to buy a third party WCON+MACRO lens (only cost $60+!)
I know they are not as good as the Olympus lens from what I read here but perhaps its decent enough for non-professional use?
cheers

The difference is that the WCON-07 has a 0.7x conversion whereas the WCON-08 has a 0.8x conversion..

airconvent said:

It's not a replacement but a different product meant for a different series (pro series) of Olympus cameras.

Firefox said:
The difference is that the WCON-07 has a 0.7x conversion whereas the WCON-08 has a 0.8x conversion..

i read somewhere stating that a wcon08 is wide while the wcon07 is much wider. wonder whether it's true or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.