reading glasses - what is a reasonable price

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Jan 28, 2003
near e4
Visit site
after years of serving me well, my lenses and their associated muscles are starting to fatigue. i now need readiing glasses. anyone has any idea of a reasonable price? :dunno:

after years of serving me well, my lenses and their associated muscles are starting to fatigue. i now need readiing glasses. anyone has any idea of a reasonable price? :dunno:
A pair at the local value stores is from $2.50
to $15 depending on the packing. Those that comes
in a beautiful box cost more. You have to find out the
degree of your eyes fatigue and choose accordingly.

After wearing a few pairs, I find that cheap glasses will
not help to improve your vision, so I opt for a better
quality pair from the corner store opticians. The eyes
will have to tested according to their system methods
and finally a special made pair of reading glass will be
ready for your use in a few days time. The cost is about
four times that of the highest quality ready made reading
glasses. The coated glasses will give you a clearer
vision than the non-coated glasses.

Cheers and have fun discovering the use of reading glasses
which I have now throw away after twenty years of usage.
My eyes suddenly can see what I cannot see before
and I don't need to wear them anymore.

;)

Price varies a lot depending on degree, frame and type of glass. Could go from about a hundred to several hundred or more. It's like asking what is a reasonable price for lens. Unless you're going to wear for only a few mins a day, I think getting one that feels comfortable and fits you well is better than looking at just the price. Could end up with headache and strained eyes every time you wear if it doesn't.

A pair at the local value stores is from $2.50
to $15 depending on the packing. Those that comes
in a beautiful box cost more. You have to find out the
degree of your eyes fatigue and choose accordingly.

After wearing a few pairs, I find that cheap glasses will
not help to improve your vision, so I opt for a better
quality pair from the corner store opticians. The eyes
will have to tested according to their system methods
and finally a special made pair of reading glass will be
ready for your use in a few days time. The cost is about
four times that of the highest quality ready made reading
glasses. The coated glasses will give you a clearer
vision than the non-coated glasses.

Cheers and have fun discovering the use of reading glasses
which I have now throw away after twenty years of usage.
My eyes suddenly can see what I cannot see before
and I don't need to wear them anymore.

;)

thanks, i've already been to the eye clinic at nuh last week and know what is required.
was at a shop and was quoted $100. as i've checked out at times book shop (S$42), i gave it a miss. thw shop subsequently offered $80 and then to $65.

just wonder if using the glasses make my eye sight worst in the long run.

thanks, i've already been to the eye clinic at nuh last week and know what is required.
was at a shop and was quoted $100. as i've checked out at times book shop (S$42), i gave it a miss. thw shop subsequently offered $80 and then to $65.

To answer your question you have to look from your point of view as to how you care about your eyes and to what value you want to place on it. You can see how the blind people go about doing their things and they still live without the ability to see with their eyes. Fantastic isn't it?

Now let talk about nutrition and how to provide some basic
essential nutrients for the human eyes.

1. Eggs, wholemeal bread, cereals, especially bilberries for better night vision. I take wholemeal bread almost everyday for more than thirty years and occasionally a hot bowl of cereal once in a while.

2. Spinach, broccoli and cabbage including Almonds.
I mixed Almond power with my coffee, milo or milk powder with a little bit of brown sugar for taste.

Make sure your optic nerves have no sign of damage else
there is no cure for it. The disease is call Glaucoma. Have your eyes examined every two years.

www.preventblindness.org/glaucoma

3. Most likely you are in the region of farsightedness or
Hyperopia where you have trouble focusing on things close up.

I couldn't see the aperture on my 150mm lens when I am using the Hassalblad 500CM or ELX until I had my reading glasses on. So when I forget to bring my reading glasses during a shoot, I'll be at a lost. To prevent this, I kept extra pairs in different camera bags including one in my pouch bags that I had on my waist when I was on assignment.

4. To some extent some people believe and some don't - that sitting too close to a TV or computer can ruin your eye sight.
I never want to want TV if the screen is not more than four feet away from me. My computer screen is at least 2.5 to 3 feet away from my eyes. The brightness of the screen is always tone down. Never watch TV or look at your monitor in a dark room. That was a behavior I adopted for donkey years.

So coming to wearing glasses. When you feel headache as soon as you start using your reading glasses you will have to find out the problem.

Straining your eyes isn't good for you. Get to see your eye doctor if this happens too often for a long period of time.

For a start, don't try to save some money when acquiring your first pair of reading glasses. Go for a pair with better coated glasses.

Make sure both your eyes are checked properly because each has different defects and vision ability.

:)

try the kiosk at marine parade central around the hawker center
good selection from $5 to $15

The sign of aging. Normally happen after 40 yrs later!

Facts are facts....

Your eyes may say something about life or show more than just how something
looks and make people think.

Your sight can tell you that life can be playful, joyful and that it's full of fun.

You only begin to tell a story when you have your sight!

:heart:

--------------------------------------------
We eat for the sake of getting fat
We see for the sake of developing our spiritual self.

:thumbsup:

Glasses do Not make them worse
Off the shelf ones are cheap and under $20
But its like a camera lens isn't it?
I bought my dad a pair from Vincent at Eversharp Optical in Shaw Centre (where Lido is) for $100 - multicoated etc
He complained it was pricey, then told me it was much better than the ones he used to pick up off the shops.
If your degree is stable, it is worth it.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.