Reader's Digest mails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
For the past few weeks, I've been receiving numerous mails from Reader's Digest in my mailbox. Mails offering winnings from sweepstakes, gifts like camcoders, cars, etc. The thing is each mail comes with so much stuff that one gets confused easily. I know that the things offered all comes with strings attached. The problem is that it is not stated clearly. I have a hard time looking for the page where subscription is mentioned. After so many mails from them, I have given up reading the mails. It is so confusing, stickers to peel here, paste there to win additional prizes. Now, what I receive from them goes to the waste bin straight away.

Anyone else have encountered this?

Oh, definitely. Just take all the rubbish, stuff it into a free reply envelope, and let them sort it out :) They pay for it, anyway.

Subscription information is usually sent sperately from the sweepstakes.

Oh! Sweepstakes winning is subjected to subscribing to it right?

The odds of winning are very, very bad..

When they send you sweepstake uhh.. "entry form", usually must buy one of their special books or videos before you can enter

next time received such mails,
use a bold marker,
strike across the address,

write some words on the envelop,
drop in the mail box,
you will not hear from them any more.

words which you can use:

Moved

No such person

Wrong address

Deceased

next time received such mails,
use a bold marker,
strike across the address,

write some words on the envelop,
drop in the mail box,
you will not hear from them any more.

words which you can use:

Moved

No such person

Wrong address

Deceased

HAhahhaa. Good suggestion. :thumbsup:

If you subscribe to RD, they might cancel your subscription at the same time. Later you wonder why your monthly RD does not arrive?;p

har, I subscribed Reader's Digest before, from $18.50 per year till they rise the price to $45.00 than I stop subscribing.

Oh, definitely. Just take all the rubbish, stuff it into a free reply envelope, and let them sort it out :) They pay for it, anyway.

Subscription information is usually sent sperately from the sweepstakes.

Subscribers pay for all of it. The entire creative and marketing department to the visuals to the printing to the letter-shopping to buying name lists to farming out distribution and whatever else is involved.

That may explain why the subscription price is sky-high nowadays.

...oh i have been receiving those letters for 2 years already...

It's really more of them asking you to buy their books e.t.c

Now, I just ignore them...

Got it before.. In the end asked me to subscribe to their Discovery mag rightaway for $99 per year. Ignored them from then on..

if i remember correctly, more than 20 years ago, they already having such promotions/gimmicks

Got it before.. In the end asked me to subscribe to their Discovery mag rightaway for $99 per year. Ignored them from then on..

$99 per year for the Discovery magazine? This is super expensive. AFAIK, the magazine is selling for $7.90 per issue right? Note that Discovery magazine is printed on a bi-monthly basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.