read the rules when u are shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygixs

Mar 10, 2009
was at the bird park over the weekend. and went to visit the night bird exhibit. the rules explicitly say please do not use flash photography but there were so many people using flash. what was worse a guy with a canon 500D was doing the same thing. The birds were definitely stressed by the flashes, and u cant get good shots anyway with the flashshot cause they will keep on turning away when the flash is on. just want to tell everybody who comes here that please please observe the rules when u shoot at exhibits.

Where were the staff?

sadly there wasnt any. but the main entrance had the words no flash photography very prominently placed in 4 different languages. but nobody seems to care.

sadly there wasnt any. but the main entrance had the words no flash photography very prominently placed in 4 different languages. but nobody seems to care.

Sad to say, it happens.

Many people really don't give a hoot, unless there's the possibility of public embarrassment or a hefty fine. :rolleyes:

a similar incident happened.

it was during some fire performance at clarke quay. b4 the show, it was mentioned no flash photography but yet some clowns used flash, the host had to remind everyone again of not using flash.

these guys r risking their life to perform with fire, pls dnt make it worse by blinding them mercilessly with the flashes.

this behavior is very childish. tell already dnt listen, only care abt urself but nvr consider wat might happen to others if something happen

Sad to say, it happens.

Many people really don't give a hoot, unless there's the possibility of public embarrassment or a hefty fine. :rolleyes:

yah, $50 per flash fired

the way things are going, need bigger sign + more languages and in dialects.

zoo should also invest in those plastic that can block flash for those easily stressed exhibits.

the way things are going, need bigger sign + more languages and in dialects.

zoo should also invest in those plastic that can block flash for those easily stressed exhibits.

Does it reflect back the light? Be good to temporarly "blind" the people taking the shots. :)

Sadly, flash photography is everywhere. At a recent concert, I got a headache from all the flashes constantly going off around me in the auditorium. I felt like shouting to those annoying flashers to give it a rest. :angry: A no flash-photography rule would be very welcomed in this instance too.

However, at certain recent events I attended where a no photography rule was in effect, it had to be carried out in a heavy handed way unfortunately. Any raised cameras were immediately targeted by the roving bouncers with harsh tones. At least I get to enjoy the concert in peace...

Does it reflect back the light? Be good to temporarly "blind" the people taking the shots. :)
its basically the "consumer" version of the casing used to protect valuable paintings in museums worldwide as flash reportedly can deteriorate the paintings.

It can reflect somewhat but how it works is to disperse the light instead. Can imagine the crowds who think something is wrong with their cameras when they get white wash pics.

When the flash gets stronger, a sensor could alert the command centre to send down personnel to dissuade the flash users.

Last edited:
the worst part is with the flash they are not getting any good pictures.

Sadly, flash photography is everywhere. At a recent concert, I got a headache from all the flashes constantly going off around me in the auditorium. I felt like shouting to those annoying flashers to give it a rest. :angry: A no flash-photography rule would be very welcomed in this instance too.

However, at certain recent events I attended where a no photography rule was in effect, it had to be carried out in a heavy handed way unfortunately. Any raised cameras were immediately targeted by the roving bouncers with harsh tones. At least I get to enjoy the concert in peace...

it really depends on how "hardworking" these bouncers are. I've seen photos being taken in a concert where there's already a no photography rule in placed

its basically the "consumer" version of the casing used to protect valuable paintings in museums worldwide as flash reportedly can deteriorate the paintings.

It can reflect somewhat but how it works is to disperse the light instead. Can imagine the crowds who think something is wrong with their cameras when they get white wash pics.

When the flash gets stronger, a sensor could alert the command centre to send down personnel to dissuade the flash users.

Ah, thanks for the information.

it really depends on how "hardworking" these bouncers are. I've seen photos being taken in a concert where there's already a no photography rule in placed
depends...if its those quiet pns and without flash, most "enforcers" will turn a blind eye to a few shots. Just dont be very obvious by snapping away like a man possessed.

Somebody already got hurt.
Remember the incident at the night safari? A keeper got gored cos one idiot fired flashes that spooked the animal during feeding?

depends...if its those quiet pns and without flash, most "enforcers" will turn a blind eye to a few shots. Just dont be very obvious by snapping away like a man possessed.

it's a DSLR, no flash thou.

i've also seen those hardworking ones who immed go over to the person at the slightest sight of a raised camera, even handphone one also

I feel your pain, anywhere you go you will have these 'lack-of-manners' people. Poor social etiquette, plain selfishness and a head full of sand: (pardon me).

I recently went to the National Museum: Quest for Immortality exhibition. It showcases the Egyptian afterlife and such. There was a guy being an absolute charlie. He went around with his Blackberry Bold taking photos, and the xenon flash went off every time he clicked.

I told him he was being inconsiderate; since everyone was informed upon entry by the museum staff by word-of-mouth that no flash photography is allowed. I also told him if he continues to take photos, by the time he reaches the midway point his battery would die. :bsmilie:

I think we all should and must play a part in reminding others of such rules. Just be polite and professional about it, no need for confrontation. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
A little off topic but I also wonder about such inconsiderate people. I was at a shopping centre when a cartoon character was posing. My son queued and when it was his turn, I tried to take pictures of him and the character without flash. But funny fellows all around me were flashing at him ... hmm, I'm pretty sure I'm the only father my son has.
So, if its not your kid, don't take a flash at him because you are destroying someone else's pictures.:angry:

People people. There is a lot of public education and awareness to be done as signs won't work alone. Putting signs like "no flash photography" won't work because there will be people (all colors) to missed the sign and they don't understand why.

At the night safari, you will see people flashg away but when they were being told not to use flash, many cannot understand why? But all complied once the ranger explain to them the reason. So it is important to tell people that nocturnal eyes can get extremely stress out. At least the otters don't seemed to mind.

When telling people not to use flash, remember to speak in dual language, clear and slowly. Don't speak as it you are John Wayne. They are many people out there who do not know the word "flash photography".

Status
Not open for further replies.