Read Chinese sms on Nokia6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

Jun 1, 2003
Seng Kang Town
Visit site
Does anyone know where can I buy or download a shareware to Nokia6600 so that it can read Chinese SMS or even write Chinese?

Thanks

Matrix said:
Does anyone know where can I buy or download a shareware to Nokia6600 so that it can read Chinese SMS or even write Chinese?

Thanks

bro, i think all nokia asian phones have chinese built-in. go to the phone settings>languages

wah liew... nokia racist against chinese ar? :flame:

Matrix

If i'm not wrong, your set is an export set which doesn't have chinese capability.
I've a Nokia 8250 (export set) which can't read and write chinese characters......

Where did you purchased your phone from? Normal handphone shop?

rotorthrust said:
Matrix

If i'm not wrong, your set is an export set which doesn't have chinese capability.
I've a Nokia 8250 (export set) which can't read and write chinese characters......

Where did you purchased your phone from? Normal handphone shop?

I bought mine from local Nokia dealer & it is a local set. I was told that Nokia6600 can't read or write chinese. Unless you change whole OS to Hongkong version but interface will be chinese as well.

Does anyone any third party add on that help 6600 to read chinese?

Thank

how bout trying to flash the firmware?

Hmmmm................ something new........
Well, to err on the safe side, suggest that you should bring in your Nokia 6600 to the Nokia service Centre and see what they can do about it, rather than trying otherwise.

Cheers!

6600 is using the sybrian os. hence chinese isn't available.
till date nokia has still yet to solve this problem. hence, no chinese for the time being even at nokia service centre, they cant do anything.

till then............. juz wait :(

Alamak...use the friendly software Q9. It's not a really great software but it's useful enough

~Radish~ said:
Alamak...use the friendly software Q9. It's not a really great software but it's useful enough

hmmmm...what is the Q9 software? A chinese sms reader of what ah?

I think Q9 is for chinese input......not read.

Anyway, thanks for the links.. xie xie

Status
Not open for further replies.