Re: Where/How to clean fungus in lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khongovic

Jan 4, 2010
Boon Keng
Hi

I am a newbie DSLR user. Just took out my zoom lens from film SLR days and found there are fungus inside.:cry:. The lens is a Canon EF 70-300mm zoom lens dated from 1997. There was a period of 6 years which the lens was not put inside a dry cabinet until i finally got one in 2004.

Anyone knows where to get lens fungus removed and cleaned? How much does it cost? Is it possible to remove fungus inside lens by ourselves? :embrass:

Regards
Khongovic

Send it to a shop for cleaning, unless you're a lens wizard like fellow CSer 'fatigue' haha. I think the cleaning job would cost around 50-100. Not sure about the exact cost, cos' I never asked them before... and unfortunately, I don't know of any shops that does the cleaning service.

Just wait around here, other CSers with more know-how will guide you along :)

Regards,
gibss

Options would be

Canon Service Center (CSC), many of the camera shops at the Peninsula area as well as Fatigue here on CS.

Hope it pans out well.

Thanks everyone for all the valuable suggestions!

I think i will not clean the lens myself. No experience. Maybe will let Bro 'Fatigue' do it.

Thanks everyone for all the valuable suggestions!

I think i will not clean the lens myself. No experience. Maybe will let Bro 'Fatigue' do it.

i hv gotten fatigue to service my lens..b4
his charges is reasonable. however u might like to sent back to CSC if you r not comfortable.

Fatigue's charges are very reasonable & his skills are quite good also.

Status
Not open for further replies.