RE: Trigger Voltage of Starblitz 3600dfc

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcap

Dec 10, 2005
hi,
I just inherit the above flash from my uncle who is upgrading his flash. I intend to use it on my Lumix FZ30 but have no idea what is the trigger voltage. Can anyone help me out. Btw I can't find any info on the flash on the web and my uncle lost the manual. Please help.
Cheers

If it is one of those older flash for SLR, chances are the trigger voltage will be high
enough to fry your FZ30. So don't take the risk.

My advice is get a Embolitz or Suntax flash for approx. $60 and save the trouble.
Can't remember the exact model, you can find it under sticky FAQ in Panasonic forum.

elcap said:
hi,
I just inherit the above flash from my uncle who is upgrading his flash. I intend to use it on my Lumix FZ30 but have no idea what is the trigger voltage. Can anyone help me out. Btw I can't find any info on the flash on the web and my uncle lost the manual. Please help.
Cheers

Measure it?

How do you measure the voltage??

elcap said:
How do you measure the voltage??

You take a voltmeter, set it to a suitable range (start with high range and work down if necessary), connect it to the flash trigger contacts, and read the voltage.

If you don't feel confident what you're doing and live near Clementi, I may be able to help you with this. Just drop me a PM.

thanks for all the replies. Just got it tested. It is about 5V so quite safe to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.