Re: Review: Micro Disc White Balance Correction by Hercules

go read ur d7000 manual again. starting from page 123

Ok. I have read at least 3 times, but I still can not get the result it should turn up. Is the last step how to store the setting and use it. Shall I remain in the pre-set? I think there is a manual adjustment needed and that is where i got stuck. I will read again.

Ok. I have read at least 3 times, but I still can not get the result it should turn up. Is the last step how to store the setting and use it. Shall I remain in the pre-set? I think there is a manual adjustment needed and that is where i got stuck. I will read again.

look at page 125, step 6.

besides, did u see the word "good" appear in ur top lcd like in step 5? if u didnt, tat means ur camera didnt manage to measure the white balance properly.

edit: the steps above only meant if u got a gray card instead. go back to page 123, there's 1 line there with the "use photo" function. now read from page 126 onwards on how to do it. before that u need to shoot thru the micro disc to get a neutral gray image first, only then u can use that photo as ur reference photo for ur white balance

Last edited:
Hello Irvine,

Thank you for the guide. I was reading it over and over again. yes I do shoot through the filter in room lighting, I do not see a "grey" but a blur dull color photo. I am trying to get the camera to give me the 'Good" result. So far I could not get it yet. The room lighting is too dim or my step is still not correct. I purposely get the light dim to try the white balance. May be tonight I shall turn up the light and try again.

Hello Irvine,

Thank you for the guide. I was reading it over and over again. yes I do shoot through the filter in room lighting, I do not see a "grey" but a blur dull color photo. I am trying to get the camera to give me the 'Good" result. So far I could not get it yet. The room lighting is too dim or my step is still not correct. I purposely get the light dim to try the white balance. May be tonight I shall turn up the light and try again.

maybe this vid will help u understand more. it's with expodisc tho, but the method shld be the same.

[vid]EqIcEHz4AHY[/vid]

i just got my share of erratic white balance problem last sat when i shoot an event. there is 3 dressing rm and all using different light bulbs :sweat: so my white balance totally went amok! need to go back correct the white balance for each photos (nightmare!)

maybe i should invest in this device already :sweat:
actually what i did it i use a potato chip cover. it works :X

Hello Irvine,

Thanks a million. It is working now. There were two mistakes I made, did not press WB to make sure it blinks, shoting through the filter was correct, another is I keep try to understand how to save it and how to recall to use it. At least now I know i do not need to click again after seeing the Good, and I can shot right away from the save point.

The point is Pre d-0. i have not try with more than 1 saving value but I tested with Auto and the preset, the pre-set after using the WB filter, my white wall looks better than the auto WB.

Now i will look for the expodisc because it is small and easy to keep in the pocket or even hang on the neck try to impress the non-pro. Ha ha. Happy achieve something tonight.