RE:Nikon D90 and its kit lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinky1971

Sep 5, 2009
Hi, If I am not into macro and only into candid shooting, would the kit lens that comes with D90 suffix? :think: I would think it is good enough for me. Just want to gather some thoughts. Thanks.

Hi, If I am not into macro and only into candid shooting, would the kit lens that comes with D90 suffix? :think: I would think it is good enough for me. Just want to gather some thoughts. Thanks.

now u shld be happy with kit lens...but as times goes by...

u slowly will want better lens de ....then the BBB virus!! :devil:

sure it is...
but i think a flash will help u in low light situation

Stick to the kit lens :)
It's really capable.
Only after getting used to the camera + lens combo, IF you want a thinner depth of field or really desire a constant aperture zoom, then shop around for a more expensive replacement :)

or for candids a prosumer compact may be more worth it + more portable. all up to what features you need :)

Yeah, for candids and casual shooting, a point-and-shoot (P&S) system would probably be better due to the more rugged construction (fixed lens) and smaller builds (can chuck it into a bag side pocket or even your pant pockets!). Ask any DSLR user... who would endanger their baby like that?

And if you argue with carrying a DSLR with you on hand or via neck strap... very hard to get candid photos without raising suspicions then =)

DSLRs are gotten primarily for flexibility (all the lens and accessories!), if you aren't going to get more lenses or addons, then just grab a P&S... good enough.

18-105mmVR is a nice range for casual shooting and many reviews stated that it is sharp.
U can get a 50mm f1.8 for low light shots or portraits and also experience the difference using a zoom lens and a prime lens. Enjoy shooting :)

Thanks for the feedback.

I have the intention of getting lenses later; not now though. I am thinking to have better understanding in photography before getting more lenses and accessories. I am satisfied if the kit len is generally usable in most situation for now.

I am kind of $ tight; so have to be sure which type of photography suite me before I bbb. :bsmilie:

Thanks for the feedback.

I have the intention of getting lenses later; not now though. I am thinking to have better understanding in photography before getting more lenses and accessories. I am satisfied if the kit len is generally usable in most situation for now.

I am kind of $ tight; so have to be sure which type of photography suit me before I bbb

a very wise move! :)

go ahead n get 1...

my suggestion is to get a flash like sb600 as well...
sb600 is a good flash and the need to upgrade tat might not be that high.
so u won't go wrong with a sb600

Hello TS,

I would say yes! It is enough le, the range, not bad, for a beginner to use. :)
Street, candid, want to shoot a lil bit of buildings and architecture and other stuffs like that it is really okay. For the meanwhile only!

Find your own interest and you will slowly know what you want next.
Shoot more and stick to kit lens! You will nv regret yea. :D

Good luck!~

Regards,
Lomo

go ahead n get 1...

my suggestion is to get a flash like sb600 as well...
sb600 is a good flash and the need to upgrade tat might not be that high.
so u won't go wrong with a sb600

Agree with that...love my SB600 (think it is worth every cents). It also can be use as a remote flash (slave only tot).

It's good enough for most form of photography. Until you feel limited by the lens, the kit lens is a great first.

i agree... kit lense should be okay for now.. but as a time goes by... you will crave to do something with your kit... its always been not enough what you have. You want to try everything. for sure.

Hi TS..kit lens is good enough..im using d90 kitlens too and its good and sharp...be familiar with your toy's settings and when the time comes..then the BBB will follow..cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.