Re: ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

kian

Oct 14, 2003
ok guys,

relax...

the ipod is for transfering the images from the CF card... not not so much for music...

y ipod... bcos i heard from some people that its more trustworthy than X-drive II/pro and any of those...

is that true?

You wanting to buy an iPod, or already have one? How are you going to get images from a CF card to the iPod?
If you are looking for storage capacity, i'd suggest a microdrive, it might end up being cheaper than the iPod.

as before : Expensive. :D

look at the big picture. You'll need an adaptor and more batteries. Then you'll also decrease the lifespan of the ipod's battery.

It looks good, but it doesn't get any smaller with all the add-ons.

More trustworthy? Who you heard from?

Kian. Repeat after me:

Ipod is for music,
Nixvue is for pics.

Xdrive Pro looks good, but damn bulky if you're going to use for MP3. Don't know how long the battery can last, although you can make it last longer (AND BIGGER) with the ext battery pack. I found that the Nixvue DA2 transferred files from the CF card much faster than the Xdrive Pro. I also found that the Xdrive Pro's GUI speaks less plain, simple English than the Nixvue DA2. Nixvue DA2 is a better buy IMO.

dampeoples said:
How are you going to get images from a CF card to the iPod?

there's a belkin media reader for the newer ipods.. :D

PLRBEAR said:
Kian. Repeat after me:
Ipod is for music,
Nixvue is for pics.

yes, i second this. although the ipod is fantastic for music and its other additional capabilities, it's primary function is NOT to store photos. not sure about nixvue, but me and fred carry our ibook around to d/l our files. for emergency purposes only then will we resort to use of the ipod for photo storage.

erm, sorry, not following the thread.
can transfer any type of files? (specifically, canon RAW)

cos I'm thinking: an ipod at 599 is a better buy than all those digital archival thingies in terms of size/mp3

loupgarou said:
erm, sorry, not following the thread.
can transfer any type of files? (specifically, canon RAW)

cos I'm thinking: an ipod at 599 is a better buy than all those digital archival thingies in terms of size/mp3

ipod used in this way is like an external hard disk. so yes any type of file can be stored there. to store the file you need a computer or a device like belkin media reader.

ipod still can be done, for the sake of "psychological uniformity"

Status
Not open for further replies.