Re: Foundation Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francis Lee

Sep 11, 2004
Tampines
www.facebook.com
Hi,

I will be starting a Foundation Photography Course soon at the Changi-Simei CC which is a 5~8 mins walk from Simei MRT. Its a 10 session workshop with 2 field trips. The course comes with detailed handouts. The course shall commence on the 28th of Mar (Monday) at 7:30pm~9pm.

Course Syllabus
Course Title: Foundation Photography Course
No of Session(s): 1½ hrs per 10 sessions
1st session Introduction to Photography & types of camera Format.
2nd session Camera & Lens.
3rd session Types of Films & Lighting.
4th session Handling & Maintaining Photographic Equipment.
5th session Developing the Eye.
6th session Outing. (Field trip by day)
7th session The Art of Photography via Outing Pictures.
8th session Outing. (Field trip by night)
9th session The Art of Photography via Outing Pictures.
10th session The Perfect Print. (Case by case study of pictures)

Medium of Instruction- Strictly in English
Target Group- Above 14 years old
No of Participants per Class- 10 Persons

Remarks:
a) Participants must Develop & Process all films/digital taken at the session for Trainer’s reviewing proposes.
b) Course fees do not include Films, Developing & Processing.

Photography is, without doubt, one of the most rewarding pastimes we can have. Enjoyable, creative, stimulating and fun. It gives us the opportunity of putting our ideas into ‘print’ in a way that is both satisfying and artistic. The camera is like an artist’s palette. We are the artists.
Even though this is a class of 10 participants, everything you learn, you learn by doing! All your work is individual. You learn by taking pictures.
Here I taught photography as a practical skill, not as a theoretical course of study as I assume the participants have no prior knowledge or training before signing up for the course. The course starts with fundamentals and moves up to complete mastery of professional techniques in causal but carefully planned steps. The Foundation Photography Course will require participants to take lots of pictures. If this is call “work”, then…I work you hard.
Absolutely! When you want to make professional-looking pictures for your own satisfaction…perhaps win prizes in competition or even see your work being published. Some of my ex-students pursue photography as a career- full-time or part time while keeping their day jobs.

Course participants are required to own a SLR/ Digital camera or prepared to own one after the 1st session. Course Fee is S$120/ student. Interested participants kindly register at the CC's counter to confirm booking.

More for info on the CC and myself, kindly log-on to pa.gov.sg followed by 'on-line courses' followed by 'photography'.

Thanks.

Francis Lee

Francis Lee said:
Hi,

I will be starting a Foundation Photography Course soon at the Changi-Simei CC which is a 5~8 mins walk from Simei MRT. Its a 10 session workshop with 2 field trips. The course comes with detailed handouts. The course shall commence on the 28th of Mar (Monday) at 7:30pm~9pm.

Course Syllabus
Course Title: Foundation Photography Course
No of Session(s): 1½ hrs per 10 sessions
1st session Introduction to Photography & types of camera Format.
2nd session Camera & Lens.
3rd session Types of Films & Lighting.
4th session Handling & Maintaining Photographic Equipment.
5th session Developing the Eye.
6th session Outing. (Field trip by day)
7th session The Art of Photography via Outing Pictures.
8th session Outing. (Field trip by night)
9th session The Art of Photography via Outing Pictures.
10th session The Perfect Print. (Case by case study of pictures)

Medium of Instruction- Strictly in English
Target Group- Above 14 years old
No of Participants per Class- 10 Persons

Remarks:
a) Participants must Develop & Process all films/digital taken at the session for Trainer’s reviewing proposes.
b) Course fees do not include Films, Developing & Processing.

Photography is, without doubt, one of the most rewarding pastimes we can have. Enjoyable, creative, stimulating and fun. It gives us the opportunity of putting our ideas into ‘print’ in a way that is both satisfying and artistic. The camera is like an artist’s palette. We are the artists.
Even though this is a class of 10 participants, everything you learn, you learn by doing! All your work is individual. You learn by taking pictures.
Here I taught photography as a practical skill, not as a theoretical course of study as I assume the participants have no prior knowledge or training before signing up for the course. The course starts with fundamentals and moves up to complete mastery of professional techniques in causal but carefully planned steps. The Foundation Photography Course will require participants to take lots of pictures. If this is call “work”, then…I work you hard.
Absolutely! When you want to make professional-looking pictures for your own satisfaction…perhaps win prizes in competition or even see your work being published. Some of my ex-students pursue photography as a career- full-time or part time while keeping their day jobs.

Course participants are required to own a SLR/ Digital camera or prepared to own one after the 1st session. Course Fee is S$120/ student. Interested participants kindly register at the CC's counter to confirm booking.

More for info on the CC and myself, kindly log-on to pa.gov.sg followed by 'on-line courses' followed by 'photography'.

Thanks.

Francis Lee

Hi all,

Am please to inform all that registeration for the Foundation Photography Course has started. Limited to 12 participants, register to confirm your place early. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.