RE: Fellow CSnappers who are NSFs, fall in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidder

Apr 11, 2003
Northern GRCs
www.flickr.com
Hi fellow CSnappers. I believe u guys should know at least some basic knowledge on the dynamics of how the SAF works. That aside, i ask for advise on my current NSF situation.

I gain my 3 A lvls+GP before i enlisted in 23 Apr 2004 for modified BMT, my liability will be 2 yr and 4 mths from date of enlistment. This coming 2006, i will be ORDing in 22 Aug 06. The thing is my Undergrad course at NTU starts 25 Jul 06. The amt of leave projected that i will have in 2006 will be 27 days.

MY QN:
Will it be advisable to disrupt before 25 Jul 06 and keep as much leave as i can only to resume another time,

or should i ask for early release and use leave and offs to bring earlier my ORD date,

OR use the leave and offs to excuse my self from camp from 25 Jul 06 till my ORD date? ( this will need some form of negotiation with my superiors.)

All ways i am definitley going for my undergrad course, however i dun want the idea that SAF can still mobilise me during my course of study. Do SAF recall disrupted soldiers in the midst of their pursue of a degree?

Hm... as far as i know, i believe your liability will be 2 yrs and 2 months instead of 2 yrs and 4 months. Unless you are from the 'OBs'? Normally, they will save max leaves to clear block just before their ORD date. If not enough, I believe you can always try to compromise with your superior. They can offer to give you off. For me, I managed to clear 2 months block leaves. :bsmilie:

Yup..that's right...

if you are good term with your PC and OC, they can give u off and "leave" to cover you so that you can start school on time.

For me, my ORD was end of july but I started to clear off and "leave" after chinese new year :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

seng44 said:
Hm... as far as i know, i believe your liability will be 2 yrs and 2 months instead of 2 yrs and 4 months. Unless you are from the 'OBs'? Normally, they will save max leaves to clear block just before their ORD date. If not enough, I believe you can always try to compromise with your superior. They can offer to give you off. For me, I managed to clear 2 months block leaves. :bsmilie:

i am 2 yrs 4 mths due to being PES C, cos i dun have the 2mth NAFPA cut. thus my max liability will be 2yr 4mth due to lee hsien loong's announcement last year.

One thing i forget to add is that in next year we will be OPS manning(on AMber alert, NTM etc) will all these be so call factors that the superiors consider also when they release u ?

Wai said:
Yup..that's right...

if you are good term with your PC and OC, they can give u off and "leave" to cover you so that you can start school on time.

For me, my ORD was end of july but I started to clear off and "leave" after chinese new year :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

lucky u to have good bosses who arent *******s.... LOL

Wai said:
Yup..that's right...

I supppose to ORD in Feb, but I since Sept clear 'leave' and 'off' liao :bsmilie:

ask me! ask me! :bsmilie:

Mindef now has aligned their training with the few uni in sg and those who ORD and registered at IHL (institute of higher learning) will not be recalled during school terms but will be recalled during sch hols.

My advise is to ask for permission for early release and be an obedient soldier from then on. if it fails, apply for disruption and return to serve the remaining 1+ mth suring your school hols and ORD with it.

During that month they can't locate you anywhere for any useful job and no regimental duties since you are there in the middle of no month. Basically you'll nua for that month. :p

yanyewkay said:
ask me! ask me! :bsmilie:

Mindef now has aligned their training with the few uni in sg and those who ORD and registered at IHL (institute of higher learning) will not be recalled during school terms but will be recalled during sch hols.

My advise is to ask for permission for early release and be an obedient soldier from then on. if it fails, apply for disruption and return to serve the remaining 1+ mth suring your school hols and ORD with it.

During that month they can't locate you anywhere for any useful job and no regimental duties since you are there in the middle of no month. Basically you'll nua for that month. :p

correct...!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ask your PC and OC for offs and leaves to cover you till your sch starts. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.