Re-entering Singapore for tourists

Status
Not open for further replies.

regit

Dec 3, 2003
Singapore
Is it true that if you're a tourist with a 30day permit in Singapore, by entering another country, say Malaysia or Indonesia, and re-entering Singapore will you another 30days? Is there a catch to this if it is true?

regit said:
Is it true that if you're a tourist with a 30day permit in Singapore, by entering another country, say Malaysia or Indonesia, and re-entering Singapore will you another 30days? Is there a catch to this if it is true?

It is true but on a case to case basis. It is a technical loophole with limitation. It is technically true when you have a 30 days permit, you went KL for a few days in your 15th day stay, your passport will be reset since you have already left Singapore. So when you come back you are entering Singapore and get a fresh 30 (or 15) -days (case-to-case).

But if you leave Singapore on your 28th or 29th day and go to JB, there is a higher chance that you may not be granted a long stay when you come back. Since its a case to case, the number of days left will be a factor, and/or the destination you go to. The age and relationship may also be considered, i.e. grandma or baby. Or your reason, health or medical treatment, etc etc.

dawgbyte77 said:
It is true but on a case to case basis. It is a technical loophole with limitation. It is technically true when you have a 30 days permit, you went KL for a few days in your 15th day stay, your passport will be reset since you have already left Singapore. So when you come back you are entering Singapore and get a fresh 30 (or 15) -days (case-to-case).

But if you leave Singapore on your 28th or 29th day and go to JB, there is a higher chance that you may not be granted a long stay when you come back. Since its a case to case, the number of days left will be a factor, and/or the destination you go to. The age and relationship may also be considered, i.e. grandma or baby. Or your reason, health or medical treatment, etc etc.

Thank you for the rundown, much appreciated :)

I think it depends on the mode you enter SIN city: if you enter by bus (from Malaysia obviously) or boat (from Indonesia) you get 14 days. However, if you enter by plane you will get 30 days (also depending on the country you are holding a passport of)........

Hong Sien

hongsien said:
I think it depends on the mode you enter SIN city: if you enter by bus (from Malaysia obviously) or boat (from Indonesia) you get 14 days. However, if you enter by plane you will get 30 days (also depending on the country you are holding a passport of)........

Hong Sien

Locality of checkpoint has got nothing to do with how many days a tourist will get to stay here. 14 days is for Malaysian and renewable up to a maximum of 60 days whereas other nationals get a 30-day stamp regardless of point of entry.

Hi,

From my own experience, entering by air from australia i have been given 90 days each time.

Going to Jakata and coming back (from SIN) another 90 days.

Going to JB by Car and coming back on the same day, another 90 days.

Nationality: Australian

You could always give a call to ICA and ask somene at the help desk for more information.

tvjames said:
Hi,

From my own experience, entering by air from australia i have been given 90 days each time.

Going to Jakata and coming back (from SIN) another 90 days.

Going to JB by Car and coming back on the same day, another 90 days.

Nationality: Australian

You could always give a call to ICA and ask somene at the help desk for more information.

Yeah, I forgot about this, Aussies and US citizens get a 90-day stamp.

It depends on how many times you re-enter singapore. I've seen customs officers questioning people about it and advicing them on getting a longer permit.

Looks like it depends on the country you are from, me and some other european passport holders get 14 days when entering by bus from JB (when staying less than a day). And at the time, I was entering SIN city almost every month............

Hong Sien

Status
Not open for further replies.