RE: Drinks brought into cinema....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Oct 7, 2002
Singapore bo gway hai!
Visit site
Went for a movie last nite.....

din know that nowadays cinemas are so strict on the drinks u bring in.

Saw this couple drinking their starbuckies away happily seated, halfway thru kena asked to leave the cinema to throw away their drinks.

Barely 5 mins after their return, they were asked to leave the cinema n i overheard something like, "if u dun leave, we'll just have to stop the movie"

Is it so big an offence really to bring drinks thats not bought from the lousy cineplexes' drink stall?

Pls share if u know ..... cos i always bring in addtional tidbits from supermarkets....dun wanna ask to leave the cinema just like that..

r u sure? this has never happen to me before. perhaps coffee has a stronger scent, not sure.

A friend and I went to a cinema previously, and when we were getting our tickets torn, the usher asked us what was in our bags. These weren't plastic bags but the innocous kind you use on our shoulder.

My friend replied, "personal belongings." The usher wanted to know more, so my friend said they were sweets he had just bought. The usher insisted that any kind of food or drink was not allowed, and insisted that both of us leave our bags in the cardboard box that they placed at the entrance to the cinema, or we would be denied entrance.

Goldmember said:
r u sure? this has never happen to me before. perhaps coffee has a stronger scent, not sure.

Im not exactly sure but thats what i heard.

they werent drinking coffee, one was drinking those erm...i cant really describe it..but its clear drink from starbucks...the other was drinking coffee.

the gal left to dispose of the drinks came back, seated down, 10 mins later another staff came in n ask them to leave.

What actually transpired during the disposal of drinks im not sure...

Cos i was munching away those "kiam sng tee" n i was wondering if i wld be chased out like them...it wld have been a real bummer... my first book out nia .... :(

Sausage: den u all just left the stuff there?? sian 1/2 man like that..

Sausage said:
A friend and I went to a cinema previously, and when we were getting our tickets torn, the usher asked us what was in our bags. These weren't plastic bags but the innocous kind you use on our shoulder.

My friend replied, "personal belongings." The usher wanted to know more, so my friend said they were sweets he had just bought. The usher insisted that any kind of food or drink was not allowed, and insisted that both of us leave our bags in the cardboard box that they placed at the entrance to the cinema, or we would be denied entrance.

which cinema you guys go to huh?

i'll avoid there next time :bsmilie:

God damn it...

dun ever blame us for buying pirated vcds/dvds

u forced us

wahhahahahaha :D

at least.... i can lie down in my couch wif my wherever coffee or food stuffz...
:D

Cinemas make most of their money from sales of food and drink, rather than from ticket sales mah... the film distributor already eat up a good part of the box office takings.

Check out the mark-up of snack items - no wonder people rather bring in their own food.

BALLS to these cinema operators who think that they can search our bags as and when they like! Tell us which cinema it was and I shall boycott them!

Cineleisure's pretty strict
Golden village, not that i know of

such strict enforcements? wow, i'm glad i've not been subjected to such treatment ever before... are is this a new trend?

how the hell they know what you are drinking or eating in the cinema? it's so darn dark...don't tell me they've installed IR cameras to catch those who bring outside makan and drinks. :think:

FLiNcHY said:
Cineleisure's pretty strict
Golden village, not that i know of

my exp is diff from yea....

Cine's quite ok for moi...
Golden village is a tad strict for me....

BTW the above incident was withness @ Tampines Mall "ahem" loh....

MrBig said:
how the hell they know what you are drinking or eating in the cinema? it's so darn dark...don't tell me they've installed IR cameras to catch those who bring outside makan and drinks. :think:

Before the show starts when the commercials are still running its still quite visible u know....

Revo said:
Before the show starts when the commercials are still running its still quite visible u know....

they got nothing else better to do meh

seems very pathetic to me lor

who wants to buy food and drinks from them knowing that their drinks and food are the double or sometimes triple the price of that in supermarkets

eg. $2 for a 600mL mineral water :angry:

Parchiao said:
BALLS to these cinema operators who think that they can search our bags as and when they like! Tell us which cinema it was and I shall boycott them!

search my bag? do i look like a damn terrorist who's gonna blow up your cinema or even better still blow myself up while watch a latest blockbuster movie hahaha :bsmilie:

For your information, burger king's drink, the medium sized one, has the same design as cineleisure's drink stall cup.

I always make my purchase at Burger King and then bring it upstairs to cineleisure, no problems ever. I put all my food into my bag and bring it in also, no problems known whatsoever. They have no right to search your bag. :)

Don't say don't have.

Cinemas have all along banned the consumption of F&B not purchased from their cinemas, as this would hurt their own F&B sales.

There was once where my friend smuggled a whole Macdonald value meal set in, and he took it out when the ads were showing (and there were still staff walking around.) He got caught, and he had to throw the meal away.

TIP: Always wait till the cinema lights are out before you fish out your 'unauthorized' stuff in the cinema.

But I didn't know that they were getting so strict to the extent of searching your own personal bags.

Biggest Loophole: Consume your outside food and drinks when the movie starts or when the lights are dimmed.

But first you need your gf's handbag to carry those makan stuffs :bsmilie:

I think nowadays, it's better to go watch movies at Eng Wah movie theatres. My brother and I bought a whole huge bag of keropok to Charlie's Angels 2 and we didn't get caught. Best of all, my brother littered the bottom of his chair with empty packs. :D Though I did chide my brother a little for it, it amounted to not much, because he's the older one.. (well, I tried...)

The theatre is that one in Toa Payoh.

Status
Not open for further replies.