Re: DIY Diffuser for LX 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderflash

Mar 10, 2009
Hey people!

Just got my LX 3 two weeks ago; interested in taking macro shots so thinking of building a DIY diffuser for it or anyone have any idea gt any customized diffuser being sold for LX 3?

I guess i am a bit paranoid yea lol... but just wondering any adverse effects if i used a self built diffuser i.e. too much heat concentration etc....

Thanks and regards

Hey people!

Just got my LX 3 two weeks ago; interested in taking macro shots so thinking of building a DIY diffuser for it or anyone have any idea gt any customized diffuser being sold for LX 3?

I guess i am a bit paranoid yea lol... but just wondering any adverse effects if i used a self built diffuser i.e. too much heat concentration etc....

Thanks and regards

Many people here use DIY diffusers and there isn't a problem with them. By the way, what do you mean by too much heat concentration? :)

Hey people!

Thanks and regards

Have to DIY one yourself.
:)

Last edited:
Hey kelvin
Thanks for your input, appreciated.

Anyway just wondering is it feasible to use opaque plastic bags or tissue papers as diffuser. Dont really see pple doing so though, any idea whats the reason?

Sometimes I use tissue paper to diffuse my on-board flash too. Can be pretty effective, I've never heard of anyone who warns against using of it though:)

Haha icic, guess i was really over paranoid, cause just bought the camera....
Anyway thanks Ryu :)

Hey kelvin
Thanks for your input, appreciated.

Anyway just wondering is it feasible to use opaque plastic bags or tissue papers as diffuser. Dont really see pple doing so though, any idea whats the reason?

becos its not a perm solution
and will not last since it's tissue paper.

DIY a plastic and make use of your hotshoe to hold it.
Calculate the angle and dismension of the diffuser plastic.

Mark it on a piece of plastic then cut it then use heat to bend to the shape u want with soldering iron or heatgun.

If works well you can mass produce and sell to LX3 users hehe
;)

becos its not a perm solution
and will not last since it's tissue paper.

DIY a plastic and make use of your hotshoe to hold it.
Calculate the angle and dismension of the diffuser plastic.

Mark it on a piece of plastic then cut it then use heat to bend to the shape u want with soldering iron or heatgun.

If works well you can mass produce and sell to LX3 users hehe
;)

Ic thanks for your advice... Hmm will try to play around with the materials available.. Hopefully will get something productive by this sunday to tryout the shoots haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.