Re: copyright violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

roti_prata

Jul 31, 2005
Bt Batok
i was unable to post with this account for some reason and thus have created the clone account to post the apology.

i see that many people are still angry with my actions, is there some way i can make up for my mistakes?

i realise that trying to cover up will only make matters worse. i admit that in trying to satisfy my ego, i tried to make it appear those shots were by me. i learnt the consequences of dishonesty the hard way through this. because the school name was mentioned my principal has asked for my explaination. i am prepared to undertake any punishment the school decides to impose.

Hi roti_prata,
It takes great courage to admit a mistake and facing up to it, I hope everything will work out ok for you, don't let this affect your studies, life is full of challenges and learning from it is what makes a boy into a man.

Take care.

../azul123

i don't see why the school has to be in involved with things you did with youir personal life. it has nothing to do with the school at all.

at least you're changing for the better =). hope to see some pictures from yourself in the near future.

Koelsch said:
i don't see why the school has to be in involved with things you did with youir personal life. it has nothing to do with the school at all.

at least you're changing for the better =). hope to see some pictures from yourself in the near future.

I think it's because his sch name is been stated...

thank you all for the words of encouragement, i've certainly learned.

roti_prata said:
is there some way i can make up for my mistakes?

I will suggest :

Spread the word to other forums that you know of, there are tonnes of pple out there who dont know that they should not just copy and paste content, such as photo and text, and re-post elsewhere without permission or credit

roti_prata said:
i was unable to post with this account for some reason and thus have created the clone account to post the apology.

i see that many people are still angry with my actions, is there some way i can make up for my mistakes?

i realise that trying to cover up will only make matters worse. i admit that in trying to satisfy my ego, i tried to make it appear those shots were by me. i learnt the consequences of dishonesty the hard way through this. because the school name was mentioned my principal has asked for my explaination. i am prepared to undertake any punishment the school decides to impose.

A lot of people are wonder what you mean by "i was unable to post with this account for some reason"... :think:

Its good to see your sincere apology at last.

It takes courage and a man to admit his mistakes. I hope that this incident has made you into a better man. Building a reputation based on lies is like building a house of cards. Once the wind blows... it all comes tumbling down. Practice and shoot more. Your shots can only get better through time, experience and effort. Then you would have built a reputation with a solid base.

Good luck!

I think majority of CS would forgive a genuine apology.
:thumbsup:

redstone said:
A lot of people are wonder what you mean by "i was unable to post with this account for some reason"... :think:

Ya lor, roti_prata, u better explain it properly, The admin had stated: "If roti_prata wishes to post another apology, he may do so with his original account (which, for member's information, was not placed under any moderation or restrictions)."

roti_prata said:

roti_prata, i cannot speak for the others, but I accept your apology, and forgive u for betraying our trust.

Please, please do not repeat this kind of mistake. All the best ...

i know that his school has been named but why? this issue has nothing to do with the school at all. i don't understand why the school is still involved in this or who brought the name of the school in.

even if it's copyright infringment, it only has to do with the authoriites and nothing to do with the school. it's not so good to drag something not directly involved into this case.

clarinet said:
Ya lor, roti_prata, u better explain it properly, The admin had stated: "If roti_prata wishes to post another apology, he may do so with his original account (which, for member's information, was not placed under any moderation or restrictions)."

Claris... just let roti_prata be. he does sound repentent now, at least to me and some members here.

roti_prata, do not despair when you fall. 自己跌倒。自己爬。it takes alot of courage to own up to your own mistakes :)

furrycake said:
Claris... just let roti_prata be. he does sound repentent now, at least to me and some members here.

roti_prata, do not despair when you fall. 自己跌倒。自己爬。it takes alot of courage to own up to your own mistakes :)

Ok.

Sorry roti_prata for the unnesessary request for explaination.

Koelsch said:
i know that his school has been named but why? this issue has nothing to do with the school at all. i don't understand why the school is still involved in this or who brought the name of the school in.

even if it's copyright infringment, it only has to do with the authoriites and nothing to do with the school. it's not so good to drag something not directly involved into this case.

Think its in the hardwarerzone post that he mentioned RJC.

Prob coz if you are the principal, you'd not want any student's behaviour to tarnish the school's name. If the principal is alerted, then its quite tough on him. Of course if lawsuit... its worst. May end up on front page news. And then what would the school do?

Its a dumb a*se thing to do. Too bad he was not alerted to the dangers of such actions before he posted.

Anyway, he has apologised so think its time we dont make it too hard on him. Like I said, if the owners of the pics sue... its a lot worst. Or if the papers decide to publish this story....just as bad.

Hope no popular blogs carry this story... else sure end up on papers blogosphere columns.....
;p

Hi roti_prata,

I think you have done your best and have genuinely showed remorse in your actions (at least as far as I am concerned). I am sure this painful lesson will go down in your memory. It will surely make you a better person to come. I am sure you will be more vigilant in whatever you do and be more aware of the consequences of your actions. May I suggest that you let sleeping dogs lie. Get on with life. You are in JC and a good one to begin with, so don't blow your chances. Leave this community and concentrate on your studies and your other interests.

May I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

:)

Whatever it is, just make sure you come out of this one with some valuable experience and not fall into the same pit again.

I sincerely hope that you are truly repentant and are not taking us on for another round of chase. If you are indeed sincere, I'm sure many of the others in here will relent. :D

Cheers!

hello roti, everyone makes mistake. Don't get bitter but get stronger. Learn from it, we all are as imperfect as you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.