Re: CNA Poll - 89% Not Interested in YOG

rwhite

Aug 21, 2009
And why should we be giving way to YOG vehicles ? Is it an traffic offence not to give way to YOG vehicles during YOG ?

We should show the vistors the true conditions of our "world class" transportation system. Let them get stuck in the true blue singapore daily jam, with ERP in operation. Best, let them take the MRT from Jurong East or Raffles, Cityhall MRT during the peak hours. :bsmilie:

We should not hide the truth:bsmilie:

i'm a volunteer. its good for my portfolio:D

And why should we be giving way to YOG vehicles ? Is it an traffic offence not to give way to YOG vehicles during YOG ?

We should show the vistors the true conditions of our "world class" transportation system. Let them get stuck in the true blue singapore daily jam, with ERP in operation. Best, let them take the MRT from Jurong East or Raffles, Cityhall MRT during the peak hours. :bsmilie:

Well apparently one MRT train can accommodate 1600 people, should be no problem what.

Not looking for a politically correct answer, but it seems wrong on how they are packaging the whole event to the country's citizens. It's like being force-fed and a demand of the rights to be supported. It's rather a turn-off, imo.

Maybe this YOG will be more successful in China, their next destination. :bsmilie:

All the best to the event. Support Singapore! :thumbsup:

one more thing i would like to know...the news only said about giving way to YOG buses. what about those merc taxis i see on the roads with YOG "Give Way" logo?? are those real or fake?

furthermore, speed limit for buses is 50/60kmh. if i'm doing 80/90kmh on a highway and a YOG bus comes up right on my tail, should i be giving way to a speeding vehicle or report the vehicle for speeding?

Last edited:
one more thing i would like to know...the news only said about giving way to YOG buses. what about those merc taxis i see on the roads with YOG "Give Way" logo?? are those real or fake?

furthermore, speed limit for buses is 50/60kmh. if i'm doing 80/90kmh on a highway and a YOG bus comes up right on my tail, should i be giving way to a speeding vehicle or report the vehicle for speeding?

You will be flagged down.. For not supporting YOG. All photographic equipment found onboard your vehicle will belong to the State, and used for shooting the YOG event. :bsmilie:

The YOG song puts me off. Such a talented Local artist made to sing that stupid song.. Dun tell me its composed by him too ? :sweat:

And I wonder how do we Bankroll the S$300M + budget for YOG ?

ERP + HDB + CPF = YOG ? :bsmilie:

Damn.. thats why I paid so damn much for my BTO flat.. and got to wait so long.... :sweat:

Wow! Didn't expect so many neg responses about YOG here. Even my 4 yr young son knows about YOG/Lyo/Merly :D

I support YOG, but the song is really a big turn off. :thumbsd::thumbsd:

Ya.. my 5 yr old girl was also taught to sing that song in school. Brainwashing?

can't blame those in the 88% group. they had more important things to do as what we've been 'drilled' to do, work and work and work for $$. after that chill out @ kopitiam after a long day;)

can't blame those in the 88% group. they had more important things to do as what we've been 'drilled' to do, work and work and work for $$. after that chill out @ kopitiam after a long day;)

Haha.. bro.. sure can chill out at KPT ? Old Lee had mentioned, there will be no retirement age... we would be made to work and work and work to pay off our HDB and taxes... :sweat:

People will start caring if any local(s) does well. At least there won't be any complaining about imported talent...hahahaha.

Haha.. bro.. sure can chill out at KPT ? Old Lee had mentioned, there will be no retirement age... we would be made to work and work and work to pay off our HDB and taxes... :sweat:

while i agree with those in 'red', we all sure do have some time in CS kopitiam and chill out:cool:

Well this being the first and inaugural game of all future YOG being held here
in our little red dot country, really can't blame the Govt for being overwhelmed
and as usual showing the world our effiency in organising events. :)

I support YOG, but the song is really a big turn off. :thumbsd::thumbsd:

I think the song is good, the cheer (JJ Lin one) is bad. In fact, I think the YOG SONG sounds better than our NDP theme song. Somehow weaving in ideas of patriotism doesn't work for me when you spam "Singapore" throughout the whole song. The older songs can weave in patriotic ideas and still sound good, but the recent songs have been disappointing. Maybe it's just that being proud of your country works better than being proud of "Singapore". Getting talented singers to try and make it more appealing doesn't help much, as seen with the YOG cheer.