re: Carbon Tripod or Monopod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horus

Oct 23, 2002
Northern Singapore
Hi all just a poll here if you had a limited budget and could onli get one...what would you get? A CF monopod at $217 or a CF tripod at $500? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bluestrike
I would choose the latter!

then get a $85 Alu 1pod

for the price of $85, I can get the SLIK PRO POD 600
mp-propod-600.jpg

....light weight and has quick release

Originally posted by megaweb
for the price of $85, I can get the SLIK PRO POD 600
mp-propod-600.jpg

....light weight and has quick release

Sorry, but did you mean $85 in Singapore Dollars or US Dollars? Cos I was looking at BH Photo's website and it costs USD $79.95. Intending to get a monopod too. :)

Originally posted by Fizzy
Sorry, but did you mean $85 in Singapore Dollars or US Dollars? Cos I was looking at BH Photo's website and it costs USD $79.95. Intending to get a monopod too. :)
It's $85 Singapore Dollar. You can get it at CP :)

Wow! Thanks! I guess I will get it when I return to Singapore. Currently studying in California.

i agree with BS... lighter tripod more impt than lighter monopod. on the whole i don't find CF monopods that much lighter than the regular alum ones. but tripods make a lot of difference.

I second for lighter tripod.. I am using a manfrotto tripod and am seriously get jerked by the idea of carrying it.. its painfull.. I love phototgraphy and travelling hand in hand and you should enjoy it.. Its not just about taking pictures.. Pictures are memories, but enjoy the present too.. Carry a huge tripod, a big camera, a few lenses and you would be limping under the weight..

Go for CF tripod, thats where I am looking forward as well.

Originally posted by Larry
i agree with BS... lighter tripod more impt than lighter monopod. on the whole i don't find CF monopods that much lighter than the regular alum ones. but tripods make a lot of difference.

Errh... Larry dear, the Mamiya is not bad leh... :embrass:

But however, the Slik one mentioned is a good choice as well.

thanks for all the feedback guys. have already made a purchase for a new tripod :D

Status
Not open for further replies.