Razor Mouse for Photoshop Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

humbee

Dec 17, 2008
Hi all

I just bought a Razor Pro v1.6 at the recent PC show - the white color model. It should be $59 and comes with a free Razor mouse pad.

1. I'm actually quite surprised that it's lighting fast to me, and I'm not exactly used to it yet. With such fast responses, do you think this is the right mouse for photo editing?

2. What's so special about Razor mouse pad - will using the original Razor mouse pad increase performance? I'm using Barracuda Lite currently, haven't open up the Razor pad yet, it so big, take up lots of space :bigeyes:

Frankly, is this the right tool for photoshop work?

Humbee

well it's definitely the right tool if use for gaming where often you need something smooth , fast and responsive when it comes to that. :)
for the average user any good ol' mouse will do. i myself am using a logitech albeit not the gaming edition ones but it's still plenty to work with and am very satisfied with it. :)

Hi all

I just bought a Razor Pro v1.6 at the recent PC show - the white color model. It should be $59 and comes with a free Razor mouse pad.

1. I'm actually quite surprised that it's lighting fast to me, and I'm not exactly used to it yet. With such fast responses, do you think this is the right mouse for photo editing?

2. What's so special about Razor mouse pad - will using the original Razor mouse pad increase performance? I'm using Barracuda Lite currently, haven't open up the Razor pad yet, it so big, take up lots of space :bigeyes:

Frankly, is this the right tool for photoshop work?

Humbee

thats the old / only mouse which is white for mac users who wanna match their system.

alot of us are using the razor diamondbacks, copperheads as well... as long as the mouse is comfy, then use it... there is no 1 mouse that fits every hand.

as for the pad, which pad did you receive... every pad have difference, for control or speed, you have to see the grains on the mat.

For serious Photoshop work, you're much better off with a pen and tablet.

That's true for some functions, but not all. I alternate very often between the two, some things are faster with the mouse, others with the pen.

As for the razor, I'm using one with a razor pad as well. I never thought a pad would make that much difference, well worth the $15. My previous el-cheapo battlepad pro was nothing compared to the razor pad.

razer mouse shld be able to configure the sensitivity.

I'm using the same Razer Pro v1.6 'white' mouse. You can adjust the sensitivity and even change sensitivity on-the-fly with its supplied drivers. Great mouse.

razer_pro_v1_6.png

I use this same mouse too... on a PC. And it's great.

Tweak the sensitivity and you'll love it.

I use it on my iMac and it is excellent.
So much better than the crappy Apple Mighty Mouse.

The only 'right' tool is a tablet, the rest are just 'make-dos'...:bsmilie:

Mighty Mouse is rubbish, still sitting inside my box.

I prefer Micro$oft IntelliExplorer 3.0, more suited for peeps with bigger hands. I find the Razer series of mouse too small. Unless your talking about the old skool razer ball mouse.

Using an EverGlide Titan DKT pad.

I think the razor mouse is fantastic for photoshop work.

Especially true when you're doing long hours in photoshop and need a comfortable mouse. Of course you can customize the sensitivity of the mouse and stuff. Not to mention, the mousepad has a smooth side and a rough side, one for speed and one for control. You could always swap the mousepad based on what you need. I personally prefer speed, as I feel I can control the mouse. The rougher side appears to be very uncomfortable for me and I feel that I'm grinding the mouse away when I use it. :bsmilie:

Hi everyone, sorry for my delayed reply. Have been quite busy.

1. I'm not sure which pad I was given at the PC show, I'll check tonight. It is almost like an A4 size, packed in white box.

2. I do have a tablet, but sometimes not all task requires pen and tablet, and therefore, a good mouse can be more comfortable for those task. Alternating between tablet and mouse is more comfortable for me.

3. Thanks for telling me how good the driver is, I should install and try it out.

Thanks for your inputs. :D

Hi everyone, sorry for my delayed reply. Have been quite busy.

1. I'm not sure which pad I was given at the PC show, I'll check tonight. It is almost like an A4 size, packed in white box.

2. I do have a tablet, but sometimes not all task requires pen and tablet, and therefore, a good mouse can be more comfortable for those task. Alternating between tablet and mouse is more comfortable for me.

3. Thanks for telling me how good the driver is, I should install and try it out.

Thanks for your inputs. :D

Yeap. sounds like the same pro pad i bought about a year ago. one side is rough, and one is smoother.

I am using the Razor mouse for photoshop work and I loved it more than my tablet. I got the large mat that comes free when I purchase the mouse at the IT show last yr. The mat is nice and all but now it starts to stinks as it soak up all my sweat from my sweaty palms. :bsmilie:

I am using the Razor mouse for photoshop work and I loved it more than my tablet. I got the large mat that comes free when I purchase the mouse at the IT show last yr. The mat is nice and all but now it starts to stinks as it soak up all my sweat from my sweaty palms. :bsmilie:

Get the metal and plastic mouse pads... easier to clean.

i Have to agree apple mouse cmi big time :bsmilie:

so i stick to my pen and tablet.

in addition to tablet... i still do use a normal mouse on a 1st generation "pro gaming mousepad"... anybody still remembers the semi-circular everglide? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.