Rays from heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keenblade

20090514_0127.JPG

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Framing, highlight of target of interest, possibly if this particular composition properly draws attention to the target (cloud and light rays), open to any other comments. Understandbly there's much noise... this was taken with an Ixus 30 (details in the file properties)

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Improvement of my mental framing, as well as apprecieation of "scenic art", I've always been a follower of such scenes of nature, I find this shot to be special... so interested on what the professional or wider community thinks.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Was in a hotel room in KL (Malaysia), happened to look out of the window and saw defined rays of light streaming down. Grabbed my compact and the rest is history. Felt melancholic perhaps, picture was meant to convey a glimmer of hope in amid the gloomy backdrop.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I feel very "light" as per se... something about the picture gives me a sense of joy. The gloomy background sets the overall tone while the rays shining from the clouds cause the light to be in sharp contrast with the darkness. I probably could've done better with a better camera, or if I had time to change the settings on my compact, the high noise probably ruined much of the atmosphere. Framing probably could be better, but this was "shot from the hip", so I think it's pretty nice =)

Status
Not open for further replies.