Raynox DCR-250 Super Macro Lens

normanho23

Jun 1, 2010
Woodlands / Jurong East
Any Pentaxians have tried this add on lens yet? Is it really as good as per described in the website?

Can check with cleonbus . He use before . Actually I also feel like trying . But 125 abit too exp leh

I have used it but for my Prosumer camera. It is a Very good macro lens. But you have to go Manual mode to achieve it and move front & back to see the focus.

I suggest you go & get a dedicated Macro lens, like DFA100mm WR Macro or 3rd Party Macro like Tamron & Sigma that provide 1:1 . Its AF and is better.

I got myself a D-Xenon 100mm Schenider Lens(samsung K-Mount) lens with Macro function, very sharp lens indeed. Though no more in production already. They are actually copy of Pentax FA100mm lens, almost the same. But suggest u get a Pentax FA or DFA, much better.

Though AF Macro 1:1 lens is expensive, but a good investment. If not, then Raynox is alternative that you can put in front of any lens(I suggest u use a 50-200 or 55-300). But there will be a IQ degradation.

You can check my Flickr link in my signature to see the D-xenon image for insect I took.

TS there is a error in your signature.Got FA 55mm f1.4 meh?

I thought only got FA 31,43,50,77?When did Pentax came out with 55?:confused:

Last edited:
I have the Raynox DCR250 too, it's ok for flowers and stuff that don't move, but not really suitable for shooting stuff that can move. The main problem is that the focus distance range is very small, you have to be around 125mm or slightly closer to the subject. So it's not very easy to use correctly. You can still autofocus with the DCR250 assuming the subject is within the focus distance range, but it is NOT recommended with a zoom lens because change in focus will change your focal length too. The best way to use the lens is to manual focus, set to infinity focus, then move back and forth until the focus is correct.

TS there is a error in your signature.Got FA 55mm f1.4 meh?

I thought only got FA 31,43,50,77?When did Pentax came out with 55?:confused:

I wish I have the $$$ to get the DA* 55 F1.4. Even if I have, the Home Minister will slaughter me if she know the cost! Haha...

If we really tell the actual price of our eqpt, all the home ministers will kill the lot of us . . . :devil:

Lucky I still don't have any zheng hu yet. Better stock up and buy what I want before I get tied down maritally and financially. By then got enough equipment to start the buy & sell experiment ;p

If we really tell the actual price of our eqpt, all the home ministers will kill the lot of us . . . :devil:

Lucky for me, my Home minister will give me some money for my hobbies. but only 10% of my pay per month, hai better then nothing:cry:

I think we must protest for our freedom to buy lenses and other stuff that we want, my home minister want LV, Coach, Gucci or other brands of bag, i also buy for her but i buy one S$60 camera bag also can get scolding, say i waste money:cry: MUST PROTEST:angry:

Lucky for me, my Home minister will give me some money for my hobbies. but only 10% of my pay per month, hai better then nothing:cry:

I think we must protest for our freedom to buy lenses and other stuff that we want, my home minister want LV, Coach, Gucci or other brands of bag, i also buy for her but i buy one S$60 camera bag also can get scolding, say i waste money:cry: MUST PROTEST:angry:

I got one suggestion for you, under-declare your earning income so you pay lesser "luxury goods tax" to your "minister"

And you got the un-declared income for some serious LBA :)

But becareful, if you are caught, be ready for some "jail-time"

I have used it but for my Prosumer camera. It is a Very good macro lens. But you have to go Manual mode to achieve it and move front & back to see the focus.

I suggest you go & get a dedicated Macro lens, like DFA100mm WR Macro or 3rd Party Macro like Tamron & Sigma that provide 1:1 . Its AF and is better.

Aiyoh, dedicated macro lens also need to move front and back cos when shooting bugs and flowers, it is alway manual focus and depth of field control when using the macro function...:bsmilie:

Last edited:

I want to buy billingham - Home minister reply " Y need to buy such an expensive buy for camera"

But on another hand .... she feel that the LV bag that she intend to get is consider cheap .....

I want to buy billingham - Home minister reply " Y need to buy such an expensive buy for camera"

But on another hand .... she feel that the LV bag that she intend to get is consider cheap .....

Tell her , her thousand dollar bag store "cheap" stuff but your "cheap" $300 bag store thousand dollars stuff :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Tell her , her thousand dollar bag store "cheap" stuff but your "cheap" $300 bag store thousand dollars stuff :bsmilie:

You dare to reply like this? then really be prepared for "confinement" time. Worse case kanna send to DB for 28 days and have all your precious cameras and lens confiscated.

if say like this i die liao lor haha...... then she will say "inside store cheap stuff ar!!! Then you better buy me a more exp wallet to put inside lor, then buy iphone also then everything add up must be more exp than you hor.":D

if say like this i die liao lor haha...... then she will say "inside store cheap stuff ar!!! Then you better buy me a more exp wallet to put inside lor, then buy iphone also then everything add up must be more exp than you hor.":D

So must always think of the possible replies and demands from the Home Minister before you mention anything...