RawShooter Premium 2006 launched

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
http://www.pixmantec.com/products/rawshooter_premium.html

this is the new paid version of the free RawShooter program from Pixmantec. available online now for USD59, which makes it abt SGD100 (give or take). slightly cheaper than NC4 and way cheaper than PS CS2. ;p

oh yeah. the offer is till 31/10/2005, afterwhich it will be selling for USD99. hmm... very tempted to get it. :think:

thanks to joHo for the info!

It has basically added in all the other features that C1 has, making it a much more complete processing tool compared to RSE. Quite a bargain at S$99, but I'm still more comfortable with the output from C1. I'm sure it will be something to watch out for in future given its pace of improvement.

mpenza said:
the free "essentials 2005" version is still available too :)

mpenza - are u using the latest version of the essentials 2005? cos when they first launched the beta version, i found it too buggy to use. do u like the software? :)

mpenza said:
the free "essentials 2005" version is still available too :)
Yes, the "premium" version adds in curves and "vibrance" slider and once I got the hang of it, its really very nice. I had used the "essentials" for a while but found the colors and tones lacking compared with Canon's DPP. With the "premium" version I can get close to what DPP is generating although for skin tones DPP is still the best. For landscape shots, RSP is quite impressive. Conversion speed, RSP is faster than DPP although this was not a factor in my buy decision.

knoxknocks said:
Has anyone done a comparison of this with C1 3.7? Cos raw shooter is way cheaper than C1 Pro!
Coming for a registered C1 user experience, do not see anything C1 can do that RSP cannot for my requirements. I am waiting for Magne to release his ETC camera profiles in the same fashion as he had provided for C1.

freelancer said:
Coming for a registered C1 user experience, do not see anything C1 can do that RSP cannot for my requirements. I am waiting for Magne to release his ETC camera profiles in the same fashion as he had provided for C1.

don't think Magne has plans to release etc profiles for Rawshooter?

Anyway, sounds good. Looks like it's a good time to jump ship from DPP...

knoxknocks said:
don't think Magne has plans to release etc profiles for Rawshooter?
On the contrary, Magne had developed some early beta for his personal 20D/RSE a couple of months back. Rather than quoting some off the cuff comments from Magne in my emails with him on this subject, I would put it now that RSP is a commercial product, we are all very excited to see Magne put out some nice profiles :thumbsup:

In the meantime, suggested settings for RSP may be of use
http://www.eospix.com/reviews-27.html

I have tried the free version... no bad. I have tested on PhaseOne, Photoship Raw, Nikon Capture and Rawshooter......

Personally I find Phase One (or called Capture One) is better. Easy to use. If you are not picky, Nikon Capture or Rawshooter is good as well

I have personally also tried Rawshooter Premium (RSP), CaptureOne Pro (CP) and Nikon Capture (NC). I must say each of these editors have their own strength.

For speedy editing (in decreasing order of speed):
RSP, CP, NC

For best sharpening without too much noise incurred (in decreasing order again):
RSP, CP, NC

For best color rendition
CP, RSP, NC

Wonder if other users share the same view as me?

crazypaladin said:
I have personally also tried Rawshooter Premium (RSP), CaptureOne Pro (CP) and Nikon Capture (NC). I must say each of these editors have their own strength.

For speedy editing (in decreasing order of speed):
RSP, CP, NC

For best sharpening without too much noise incurred (in decreasing order again):
RSP, CP, NC

For best color rendition
CP, RSP, NC

Wonder if other users share the same view as me?

Not too sure.. have you tested them with the same setting??!!

I still prefer CP as it is used by many pro, but dunno why.

Anyway the price of CP is Euro 499..... :thumbsup:

Just to add-on, sharing my one week experiences with RSP so far. It is visibly better than C1 which I had used extensively before. Example of an image from RSP with minor post processing in photoshop
IMG_3308%20DR%20800.jpg

freelancer said:
Just to add-on, sharing my one week experiences with RSP so far. It is visibly better than C1 which I had used extensively before. Example of an image from RSP with minor post processing in photoshop
IMG_3308%20DR%20800.jpg

I am not too sure about it. I have tested with these 2 softwares (C1 and RSP). I just find that C1 gives better image... anyway it is up to individual i think. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.