Raw

Status
Not open for further replies.

fweddy

Jan 12, 2006
hi, i would like to ask u guys a few things.

i Set my camera to taking RAW pictures and then uploaded into the computer. the picture format is nikon NEF file. when i open it with photoshop. i seem to have a slight problem.

When u open a RAW file in photshop,a big window appears and u can adjust many things like exposure WB saturation ETC. however, when i ope my NEF picture from the browser, only a small window appears, allowing me to adjust EV EXPOSURE and white balance ONLY! and the white balance adjustment shown says indascent, flourecent etc.

why it this so?? please help me with this guys thanks :)
im using D70s and photoshop CS btw.

espn,

my file formats do not show any NEF plugins ?

i have deleted the Nikon NEF plugin LE. however, the picture cannot be opened now?

fweddy said:
espn,

my file formats do not show any NEF plugins ?
I just tried opening a D70 file in PS CS2 and it's fine for me :dunno:

Have you also updated the camera raw file to support D70? I found that there's an update ACR 2.1 - http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2460 for D70.

So likely is that you might need to update your ACR for PS CS which the latest is ACR 2.4 - http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2700

The RAW adjustment window still pops up, the small one. i copied the downloaded update into the fileformats, however, if i delete the nikon NEF plugin, the picture cannot load. and if it is still there, the small window comes up :dunno: hmm.

i copied the camera raw file into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins\File Formats.

still cant get it

i think D70 S raw pictures can only be open with CS2, not CS? with the 3.2 update

Comparing Nikon software and PS....
when I open a NEF in Nikon sofeware the pic looks splendid but looks dull and less sharp in photoshop, is this normal or is it the settings on PS? Tks.

fweddy said:
i think D70 S raw pictures can only be open with CS2, not CS? with the 3.2 update
CS requires the camera raw 2.4 as mentioned in my earlier posts to open D70 files.

espn said:
CS requires the camera raw 2.4 as mentioned in my earlier posts to open D70 files.

espn,

2.4 update is only for D70. D70S does not work with photoshop CS. I read it in DC resource. only CS2 can read D70S RAW files.

btw, the NEF file can be read, but the RAW adjustments is severely limited. anyways thanks lots ESPN :)

cheers

fweddy said:
espn,

2.4 update is only for D70. D70S does not work with photoshop CS. I read it in DC resource. only CS2 can read D70S RAW files.

btw, the NEF file can be read, but the RAW adjustments is severely limited. anyways thanks lots ESPN :)

cheers
Try Nikon Capture then, it supports D70S definitely. Cheaper on the wallet too.

espn said:
Try Nikon Capture then, it supports D70S definitely. Cheaper on the wallet too.

yes true, it def supports the RAW of d70s. but i'll stick to photoshop. the CS only gives exposure adjustment, c what i can do with that. but thanks for all the help. greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.