Hi guys sori 4 asking tiz questions....
as i'm a newbies wondering watz the different between
RAW n JPEG:confused:
Thankz guyz;)

Hi guys sori 4 asking tiz questions....
as i'm a newbies wondering watz the different between
RAW n JPEG:confused:
Thankz guyz;)
Haha...i made this thread once...haha...well, RAW is the direct image captured on your sensor, no modifications...It's the full picture you see through the viewfinder. While Jpeg has been compressed a little to make the file smaller and the image has been altered alittle with the camera's inbuilt system. That's about it. RAW gives you more options to edit your pictures...Jpeg is kinda edited already...haha...do not RAW files are quite big in size. And you cannot view RAW files on the computer, with out a software.

gman

Haha...i made this thread once...haha...well, RAW is the direct image captured on your sensor, no modifications...It's the full picture you see through the viewfinder. While Jpeg has been compressed a little to make the file smaller and the image has been altered alittle with the camera's inbuilt system. That's about it. RAW gives you more options to edit your pictures...Jpeg is kinda edited already...haha...do not RAW files are quite big in size. And you cannot view RAW files on the computer, with out a software.

gman

very clear...now i'vr got a very clear answers...:thumbsup:
thankz to u...:bigeyes:

Your topic is not related or limited to Canon. Please have a look at the Newbies Corner, your topic has been discussed there several times.
In general it is advisable to read the forum first. Most questions have been discussed already, many of them are even summarized in FAQ's and sticky threads.

Your topic is not related or limited to Canon. Please have a look at the Newbies Corner, your topic has been discussed there several times.
In general it is advisable to read the forum first. Most questions have been discussed already, many of them are even summarized in FAQ's and sticky threads.
Oh come on.....just help people....doesn't matter if it's an endless question....

gman

:what:itz just a questions...does it hurts u???:confused:

Oh come on.....just help people....doesn't matter if it's an endless question....

I glad to help (which I did by pointing to existing information), but spoon-feeding and endless repeating is not helpful finally. It is much more helpful to read the existing threads and to pick up additional information along the way. Sometimes these old threads get extended after weeks, other people add new links. I find it rather impolite to all the people here of people joining newly are just ignoring all the collected knowledge. Is it too much just to read a bit before posting?

I glad to help (which I did by pointing to existing information), but spoon-feeding and endless repeating is not helpful finally. It is much more helpful to read the existing threads and to pick up additional information along the way. Sometimes these old threads get extended after weeks, other people add new links. I find it rather impolite to all the people here of people joining newly are just ignoring all the collected knowledge. Is it too much just to read a bit before posting?

I second that!

i disagree.

its just a question, couldnt you people just answer rather then wasting your time rebutting.
back in primary school, does your teacher ask you to read up the books
rather then asking them?

yeah i know that different people have different point of views.

probably there should be a topic under rebuttal.

Since I'm in this thread...does the metering system affect the RAW file too? Oh and, how about white balance?

Since I'm in this thread...does the metering system affect the RAW file too? Oh and, how about white balance?

@ metering: no
@ White balance-

The RAW format is what the camera interprets from the light gathered on the sensor. If you take a JPG and RAW shot at the same time, the white balance will not change. However, RAW is important in post processing like in Lightroom2 / supplied DPP software where you can change the overall color balance of the shot easily via the color picker (where you click on a part of the image that's supposed to be white) or manually key in the Kelvin temperatures.

i disagree.

its just a question, couldnt you people just answer rather then wasting your time rebutting.
rather then asking them?

Don't know about you, but in Singapore, nobody asks the teachers questions except in private so other students don't get to hear the answers! Haha.

Ermm...relax everyone....helping is of good nature...well, it's alright to get upset that sometimes people don't read it up before asking...but it doesn't hurt or harm to just say a little...otherwise, you could always provide the link. The user is new here, so he may not know exactly where to look for...and besides, its so long ago...i don't think anyone would just sit there clicking and clicking to find the thread....so lets us all enjoy each others help...try to help out, even if the question already existed...

gman

Ermm...relax everyone....helping is of good nature...well, it's alright to get upset that sometimes people don't read it up before asking...but it doesn't hurt or harm to just say a little...otherwise, you could always provide the link. The user is new here, so he may not know exactly where to look for...and besides, its so long ago...i don't think anyone would just sit there clicking and clicking to find the thread....so lets us all enjoy each others help...try to help out, even if the question already existed...
gman

I think you have missed out a very important point in Forum Etiquette .....
if you have surfed long enough, in most forums, it is commonly practised that ppl should do some searches before asking for information. It is not that a question will kill anyone but for practical reasons such as saving bandwidths, too many duplication threads/posts, etc.....

Imagine if this question is being asked everyday when a newbie comes in ...:sweat: and "it doesn't hurt or harm to just say a little...", but just imagine .........

That is why there is always a "SEARCH" function button ....:dunno:

i disagree.

rather then asking them?

1. It's called basic forum etiquette.

2. I don't know about you, but in my school, students failed if they were expecting to be spoon-fed. You had to find the answers for yourself, and would only ask the teacher if you really can't find anything. It comes down to the old saying of giving a man a fish vs. teaching him how to fish.

Show a man how to push the shutter release, and you have a guy that can take an image. Teach him how to see the image before he releases the shutter, and you have a photographer!

That's my moment of Zen for the evening. :xmas:

Show a man how to push the shutter release, and you have a guy that can take an image. Teach him how to see the image before he releases the shutter, and you have a photographer!

That's my moment of Zen for the evening. :xmas:

:thumbsup:
Can I quote you the next time I give a speech ? getting sick of the fishing example. ;)

Last edited:

gman

didn't you got used to his kind of replies? although i agree with him to the extend that the TS should use the search function but considering the poster is a newbie with just that few post counts, i feel we should just at least guide him to use the search function in a more polite manner. aren't we supposed to be helpful since this is a "newbies corner"? there is a choice not to reply to any question if one finds it stupid to do so anyway..

i had experienced being flamed in newbies corner for stating a fact which many didn't know as it sounded unlogical. and also flamed me for not posting images for them to CSI when i have already got the answer i wanted on my own. worse still, kenna flamed when you just didn't use the exact words which "they" are looking for even though i fully understood the theory etc. c'mon.. this is just a public discussion forum, not some kinda examination hall..

Last edited:
:thumbsup:
Can I quote you the next time I give a speech ? getting sick of the fishing example. ;)

Sure thing. 1 Kopi-C per use.

Don't know about you, but in Singapore, nobody asks the teachers questions except in private so other students don't get to hear the answers! Haha.

yea selfish people

C'mon...i'm new to all tiz stuff...
u guys treat tiz forum so FORMAL.. it's as if i'm posting to the PRESIDENT of S'pore...;(
i'm not trying to ask u to spoon feed me...but if u tink it's irritate u than ignore the questions...:angry:
rather than to throw a gasoline on a fire...aniway thankz ah bro:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.