Raw (urgent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noizgod

Jan 20, 2006
tampines
hi guys. i have a problem here. it's my first time shooting in RAW format and after couple of shots i tried transferring to my pc but it seems that my pc could not detect any media from the cf card. can someone help me here. thx.:(

it is stated 'this device does not contain any supported media' when i try to download the photos in 'raw' format to adobe photoshop album starter. first time shoot in 'raw' format. there are photos stored in the cf card when i view from my camera. did a search but not much of a help.:(

help me please. very urgent.

noizgod said:
it is stated 'this device does not contain any supported media' when i try to download the photos in 'raw' format to adobe photoshop album starter. first time shoot in 'raw' format. there are photos stored in the cf card when i view from my camera. did a search but not much of a help.:(

help me please. very urgent.

Adobe photoshop may not support all types of "RAW" formats, or requires the necessary plugins to work. Did you try using windows explorer to copy the files to HDD, then try to open using the software supplied with the camera?

For Adobe Photoshop CS2, there is this Camera Raw plugin that support a few RAW formats. Maybe you can try to serach for adobe camera raw plugins for your specific adobe software.

Rgds

Did u transfer all your images onto the computer first or read directly from CF Card?

yeah, manually transfer the images from CF card to your harddisk first...:)

u using canon? i think need to install the canon software then transfer if u are transferring using the camera itself.

else, i know not all photoshop can read RAW files. I know PS CS2 can lah...

download the raw file viewer from microsoft..

Get a CF/SD/etc 10-in-1 card reader for $18-20 from any computer store. Transfer pix to PC. Use adobe.

It wud help if you mention camera mfgr and model otherwise no one can help.

doesnt matter where you read the files from (card reader - USB 2.0?? or HDD)....am using the Microsoft Raw Picture Viewer though for viewing...so far no problems for me

or you may want to try IrfanView
http://www.irfanview.com

download plugins for viewing RAw files below
http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/plugins/iv_formats.zip

thanks for all the reply.

i am using a nikon D70. i find it rather strange why i can view the photos direct from the camera but when i tried transferring the photos(while card is still in the camera) my computer just can't detect any files or images.

thx.

noizgod said:

i am using a nikon D70. i find it rather strange why i can view the photos direct from the camera but when i tried transferring the photos(while card is still in the camera) my computer just can't detect any files or images.

thx.

Get the card reader to try.

Install all the software from Nikon with your camera first. It should auto update the RAW Plugins to your computer's shell.

i using D70s, and my fren D70. we do use the cable to the camera to download the pictures last time, b4 we got a card reader.

u got to have a software that can read RAW. both of us are using either the nikon capture or PS CS 2.

if u cant get PS, then u should use the nikon capture. PS CS 2 also need to update depending on how new is the software.

but, best is get a card reader.

oh yeah, and wat usb mode is ur camera in? PTP or mass storage. actually both also can one.

U need to have a software that can read RAW files. Try looking around for the Photoshop RAW Camera Plug-In. Else if u just want to view the files dwl the Nikon View. The Picture Project software bundled with ur D70s can also be used. Hope this helps.

noizgod said:

thx.

You need to install the Raw plugin from Adobe which supports the D70 camera.

Go to the Adobe website and look for it. It will be called 'Raw Plugin' or something, then look at the supported cameras list and see which version the d70 is listed on.

You do not need a card reader! But it will help with transfer speeds.

Edit: Actually, sod trying to find it, it took me hours last time, Im using D70 too, if you pm me your email address I can email you the plugin and tell you how to install it?

Status
Not open for further replies.