Raw to JPEG - by different tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

monsters

Dec 23, 2008
Hi just to confirm,

i've noticed that whenever im converting the raw to jpeg by 2 different software, like 1 by Canon bundled software and another by Lightroom 2, the output will have different color tones although the setting is "as shot" (nothing change)

Is that normal due to different software conversion?

Hi just to confirm,

i've noticed that whenever im converting the raw to jpeg by 2 different software, like 1 by Canon bundled software and another by Lightroom 2, the output will have different color tones although the setting is "as shot" (nothing change)

Definitely can be. You need to find the RAW convertor that works best for you. For me, it's DXO. Others prefer lightroom.

Hi just to confirm,

My understanding is that DPP recognizes the in-camera (Canon) settings that were used with the shot, but Adobe converters do not. I think that's why you see a difference. The good news is that you aren't stuck with the default settings of either converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.