RAW or JPEG or BOTH

WatWatz

Jan 30, 2011
East
I just wan to find out the majority of CSers here... which format did u shoot? RAW? JPEG? or both?

When I started playing, Jpeg... (cannot do much amendments. Esp the wb bit)
Later on, Jpeg and Raw (but too space consuming thou it saves abit of time during PP when JPEG don't need amendments)
Now, RAW!!!

I shoot both. Raw + Jpeg(Hi-Res).

As i normally edit my shots through jpeg and if i mess up i have my raw as back up. Lol.

It's not right though as you are suppose to edit the raw file than convert to jpeg. Haha.

for me mostly JPEG(as i dont really know how to PP) haha

as im using d7k(dual memory card slot) i set 1 to raw and 1jpeg haha

RAW... just recently actually, all the while I was shooting jpeg... too stubborn to change. Now... love RAW format...

I shoot both. Raw + Jpeg(Hi-Res).

As i normally edit my shots through jpeg and if i mess up i have my raw as back up. Lol.

It's not right though as you are suppose to edit the raw file than convert to jpeg. Haha.

Yes, you can do a lot more with the RAW format - I think it depends on the degree of control you want over your image.

For less serious shots, I don't do anything with the RAW file; for landscapes, you can really pull a lot more DR out of a RAW file compared to the JPG. ;)

RAW + JPEG for me now. Saves alot of time!

edutilos- said:
Yes, you can do a lot more with the RAW format - I think it depends on the degree of control you want over your image.

For less serious shots, I don't do anything with the RAW file; for landscapes, you can really pull a lot more DR out of a RAW file compared to the JPG. ;)

Ya but i don't do much PP-ing only crop. :sweat:

Raw + Jpeg for me.

i do culling thru all the jpeg photos. If they are ok, i will just use them. If some photos need tweaking,then i will go to the Raw file.

Why does it matter what others do? Select the option that works best for you, your workflow, your requirements. The selection is more than just a setting in the camera, it also affects your computer system, hard disk capacities, memory cards, workflow / software, data storage ...

I use RAW when I need its latitude for editing or when I can't afford to screw up like for paid shots, if not I shoot jpeg.

Raw. It has a lot of flexibility in pp on dpp.

Used to do raw+jpg, but don't see the point in doing so anymore. I can batch process the whole bunch of raw on computer using the shot settings, which will give me the same jpg as the camera, should I need so.

NewbieInCS said:
Raw. It has a lot of flexibility in pp on dpp.

Used to do raw+jpg, but don't see the point in doing so anymore. I can batch process the whole bunch of raw on computer using the shot settings, which will give me the same jpg as the camera, should I need so.

May I know how to batch convert using camera shot setting? I know can set shot setting for Saturation/Contrast/Sharpness/Tone, but NR cannot right?

Both. Raw for editing and jpeg for organizing the photos. If you are a Mac user, then Raw will be sufficient.

I only shoot in RAW unless I'm sure I won't be keeping the photo.

Raw is the way to go. But when exporting 500 pics at one go, it's hell.

i take very little pics each time and i m trying learning to edit photos, thus i m storing jpeg and raw

basically, the jpeg act like a base line for me to edit