raw materials (leather, fabrics, textiles, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amekaze

Nov 24, 2004
-
In particular, I'm looking for sheets of leather, more heavy fabrics (than the usual thin cloths commonly found in textile shops), neoprene materials.

I intend to use the leather and heavy fabrics to make bookbinding covers (think moleskine notebooks) and the heavy fabrics, neoprene materials for sewing bags and cases.

Does anyone know where I can find/purchase these materials?

Thanks all! :)

Neoprene is very rare to be found as raw material... but you probably can try Spotlight to see if they have slightly heavier materials...

As for leather, there may be some places where they sell only limited amounts... there are also plenty of types... gotta look this one up... try google for a store locally...

Maybe you can try the leather shop in Heeren. I know he orders sheets of diff leathers to make customised leather goods for customers. Perhaps he can help you?

Okay thanks! Will try Spotlight and the Heeren shop.

Still hope to hear from others if you know of any such shops. Especially those that have leather or like moleskine's oilcloth.

there might be 2 shops u can look for:

Geylang Lor 9/11 Global something... (chinese name is Huan Qiu)

Geylang Industrial Park (near exit to PIE - Jurong), opp chinese/sikh temples) Shin Lee Rubber i think

depends on the cow
have scar or not

have scar will be cheaper
no scar and bigger will be more ex

call them or better still go there and choose
Pardon me... but you sound like a joke although there is some facts to your statement.... :bsmilie:

How about have scar with stiches? Better still, ask the cow? :bsmilie:

Tried Textile centre somewhere opp The ConCourse?

Alternative to leather, PVC could also be a meterial for your use. I believe should be much cheaper than leather. :)

Pardon me... but you sound like a joke although there is some facts to your statement.... :bsmilie:

How about have scar with stiches? Better still, ask the cow? :bsmilie:

welcome to the kopitiam ;)
when you go there and talk to them, you will understand what i mean

Cool.

This is definitely useful info.

Thanks all! :)

What's steampunk accessories?

Status
Not open for further replies.