Raw files on Photoshop CS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

photo_kbc

Sep 19, 2004
East
www.bengchye.com
I have tried both MRW(Konica Minolta) and NEF(Nikon) file on CS2, its seems BLUR. Shot were in RAW with Jpeg format, the Jpeg is sharper(more REAL) than the Raw... anyone faces this issue with the other brands??

sounds normal to me...raw is the unprocessed data from the sensor. the cam will then process the raw data and save to jpeg after applying color balance and sharpening. when you shoot raw you are expected to post-process on your computer using photoshop, capture one, etc.

Erm... sorry, OT abit. I am new to RAW...my PC cannot view RAW file. Can CS2 open RAW file without additional plugin? This just came to my mind and I cant test till I reach home tonite...so just ask, ask...

By the way, I already try to search and this thread came out....

TIA

I have tried both MRW(Konica Minolta) and NEF(Nikon) file on CS2, its seems BLUR. Shot were in RAW with Jpeg format, the Jpeg is sharper(more REAL) than the Raw... anyone faces this issue with the other brands??

Where are you viewing it at? Bridge? BTW, all viewers I think uses a low res jpeg to display raw files. I THINK adobe does the same too. If you develop the RAW into tif, it should be as sharp as the jpeg, or at most a LITTLE softer if the jpeg was sharpened.

If you feel that the RAW looks blur.... I think it is because you are viewing the low res JPEG embedded in the RAW file.

Status
Not open for further replies.