Raw Converter Freeware

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinaik

Jun 14, 2004
Hi,

Is there any good freewares around for converting RAW files? If not, what would you recommend?

I think there is a freeware version of RawShooter which you could consider.

I recommend adobe camera raw. It gives you virtually total control over the conversion process, and tends to be more conservative (ie preserves details better) than some proprietary raw converters which tend to pump up saturation and contrast (in the background and in an arbitrary manner) during conversion.

Some may argue that adobe reverse engineers the raw format for each camera since the vendors never release the file spec for their proprietary raw formats (unlike DNG), and hence isn't quite as good as vendor software, but results say otherwise.

I don't recommend freeware options. If you must use the vendor supplied software.

Try RawShooter essentials 2006

RawShooter | essentials 2006, is a RAW workflow software tool that sets new standards for digital photography. It is a fully functional RAW converter which allows any level of user to get excellent results with the minimum of effort and knowledge. It provides the highest quality output and fastest conversion time for any RAW converter on the market today.

Now supports 15 additional DSLR cameras including Nikon D200 and Canon 5D!

NEW 2006 version! - Camera RAW Workflow Application For FREE Download

silver.wolf said:
Try RawShooter essentials 2006

RawShooter | essentials 2006, is a RAW workflow software tool that sets new standards for digital photography. It is a fully functional RAW converter which allows any level of user to get excellent results with the minimum of effort and knowledge. It provides the highest quality output and fastest conversion time for any RAW converter on the market today.

Now supports 15 additional DSLR cameras including Nikon D200 and Canon 5D!

NEW 2006 version! - Camera RAW Workflow Application For FREE Download

trial version... 15 days to use...:think:

There's a stripped down but still fairly good freeware version for download.

Thanks! will try them out

Status
Not open for further replies.