Raw and Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

weishengg

Jan 6, 2008
Hi,

From the forums and some general net searches, it seems to me that the Adobe Lightroom is the raw convertor of choice for most people around.

I downloaded the trial version of Lightroom 2 as well as Capture One 4 Pro, used them both for a little while. My first impression is, Lightroom is so sloooow compared to Capture One, and the user interface of Capture One seemed so much more intuitive and manageable.

Am I missing out something here that prevents me from exploiting the full potential of Lightroom? Or am I doing something wrong here that makes Lightroom run so slow and laggy?

Of course, I've not been using them for long, so maybe I have yet to discover any deeper features. Well, just looking for a quick comment here.

Thanks to all for reading :)

i am not familiar with capture one, so can't really comment on the speed issue. why don't you list your setup so the more tech-inclined guys can help you out with that?

lightroom is basically camera raw with file-management, a print module, a slideshow module and a web one that in my opinion is quite useless. the software integrates pretty seamlessly with photoshop too.

lightroom is basically camera raw with file-management, a print module, a slideshow module and a web one that in my opinion is quite useless. the software integrates pretty seamlessly with photoshop too.

and the develop module, perhaps the most important one.

Am I missing out something here that prevents me from exploiting the full potential of Lightroom? Or am I doing something wrong here that makes Lightroom run so slow and laggy?

I'm running Lightroom 2.1 on a Intel Centrino processor, Windows XP system with 1 GIG of Ram to process my Nikon RAW photos.

For processing photos, there is no noticeable time lag on my system.

How many gigs of Ram do you have on your computer?

I'm running Lightroom 2.1 on a Intel Centrino processor, Windows XP system with 1 GIG of Ram to process my Nikon RAW photos.

For processing photos, there is no noticeable time lag on my system.

How many gigs of Ram do you have on your computer?

hi, i'm running the trial version of Lightroom 2.1 on my Acer AMD laptop, Windows Vista home premium with 3gig of RAM.

i dont have much complains about the speed at which it processes my RAW files, but instead its the slowness of the user interface.

Eg. when click and dragging any sliders, the rate at which the slider movers is extremely slow and jittery (not the time taken for the preview of the new effects to appear)

thanks for the help. :)

hi, i'm running the trial version of Lightroom 2.1 on my Acer AMD laptop, Windows Vista home premium with 3gig of RAM.

i dont have much complains about the speed at which it processes my RAW files, but instead its the slowness of the user interface.

Eg. when click and dragging any sliders, the rate at which the slider movers is extremely slow and jittery (not the time taken for the preview of the new effects to appear)

thanks for the help. :)

Perhaps Vista is not wanting to work well with it? I know friends running it on XP with no complains.

Perhaps Vista is not wanting to work well with it? I know friends running it on XP with no complains.

well, my laptop checks all the system requirement listed by Adobe EXCEPT the one on Intel Pentium 4 Processor. Hmmm... perhaps AMD has a problem with lightroom? any fellow AMD users having the same issue?

not too sure but maybe u need more ram?

on my old lappy with just 1 GB of ram its slow compared to my pc with 3.25GB of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.