Rates,Terms & Conditions for Event Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlock

Feb 28, 2004
www.superhyperreal.com
hi, this one's for the event photographers out there, just need abit of info on general price range and the terms and conditions of usage for event photography in Singapore. if it's too private maybe you could drop me a msg?

What kind of usage do you allow for your photos, how many photos do you give, do you provide post processing services or just out of camera, do you sell prints or do you give a large or compressed file, and what kind of prices do you charge?
I thought it might be helpful to have this info for future reference.

thanks in advance!

Upzz for you..:)

btw, how nobody post here? pm him liao izit?
or all shoot for free one izit? :bsmilie:

ok, I shoot wedding more, for PR events, my assoicates get the jobs and give qoutation, I just go and shoot.;)

Yeah I shoot for free one, newbie cannot charge ma :)

espn said:
Heard that before, shoot is free, but CD/DVD and prints are $$$$$$$$$$$$, or else only give thumbnails to them.
You win liao lor!:thumbsup:

mattlock said:
What kind of usage do you allow for your photos, how many photos do you give, do you provide post processing services or just out of camera, do you sell prints or do you give a large or compressed file, and what kind of prices do you charge?
Simple, list down every thing u mentioned above and each write down a price, then itemise them and use them as a quotation to your client, ask the client to choose what service items they would like. Anyway, most clients would come back and bargain one....

mattlock said:
hi, this one's for the event photographers out there, just need abit of info on general price range and the terms and conditions of usage for event photography in Singapore. if it's too private maybe you could drop me a msg?

I thought it might be helpful to have this info for future reference.

thanks in advance!

For events, i don't give prints. I charge CDs.
I just shoot, not processing, and burn cds, thats all.
They can use wat ever they want, just pay me.

I charge from $250/- to $500, about there. Mininum $250/-.
Also depends on hrs, the price i put here is about 2hrs to 5 hrs.

Hope it helps and give others more info.

But, event not easy, alot of tricks involve, like the pics you need to give impression of alot of ppl come, very close up of VIP, etc etc.

Regards

For all those who wanna shoot events, please don't anyhow quote, you will regret, sure regret.

I know of 1 photographer, charge same price like me, ended got one idiot charge $80 for 2 - 3 hrs, now wat happen is, becos its cheap, company happy, pics sucks also never mind.

Now, company know this idiot cut price like hell means something wrong, so they cut to $50/-, that idiot now kenna stuck.....cos the company told him, if you cannot accept, we just use back the old photographer, your pics not that great, so you still wanna do?

hahahahha

catchlights said:
Heard that before, shoot is free, but CD/DVD and prints are $$$$$$$$$$$$, or else only give thumbnails to them.
You win liao lor!:thumbsup:
:what: Wow.. I must learn man, this is very idea :bsmilie:

espn said:
yes, u can package that the shoot is free, only give thumbnail size photos, then sell the large size photos or prints at $x each...
(suggestion: x=10-20)

espn said:

i want learn also... !!! :bsmilie:

espn said:

wah liao!! use D2X to shoot for free, you win liao lor :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

yqt said:
wah liao!! use D2X to shoot for free, you win liao lor :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

people use D2X, 1DMKIIs to shoot for free, you use D70 and ask client to pay you, you lagi best.:thumbsup:

on a more serious note. Event photography is not easy to cover, lots of things to look out for. Usually it'll cost at least $200/- just for the service ( 2 hrs job ) the rest are factored in base on the client's request ie: prints, no. of hours, weekend/weekday, est. no of shots, how much jobs this client give you, etc.
Last time still new (about 10 years ago) kana con by a client, told me just 2 hrs job and need 4R prints, just shoot VIP arrival, chatting with guest, stage performance ( 3 items only ) and when the VIP is on stage.
I est. about 100 prints so quoted $280.00. End up VIP giving out bursary to more than 100 children. For every child given the bursary, VIP turn to me and wait for me to shoot and the MC announce that they can collect the photos from the org. 1 week later. The worst is after that another MC ( there were 2 MCs ) announce that those parents who want to take pictures with the VIP can do so when the VIP comes downfrom the stage as there is a photographer to shoot for them ( I think the VIP told the MC ;p ) end up printing more than 300 4R prints. Later ask for more money from the org. they told me that no money and give me another $20.00 to make it $300.00. What a bummer!!

catchlights said:
people use D2X, 1DMKIIs to shoot for free, you use D70 and ask client to pay you, you lagi best.:thumbsup:

Don't say that lar, you liao ciao, asking for more money than me, you the bestest :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

it will be quite hard to get the job if u list out too many terms and conditions for the usage of the photo.

market rate is about $100/hr of service,i just burn all the high res image and give it to them.

they can do wad they want with those events photo,of no commercial value anyway.

Big group photography is diff,i keep the copyrights and they have to go thru me for reprints/enlargements.

i heard from customers,some even shoot RC events for $50 only.

kex said:
it will be quite hard to get the job if u list out too many terms and conditions for the usage of the photo.

market rate is about $100/hr of service,i just burn all the high res image and give it to them.

they can do wad they want with those events photo,of no commercial value anyway.

Big group photography is diff,i keep the copyrights and they have to go thru me for reprints/enlargements.

$50.00 and they even supply you the film:bsmilie: no joke. That's what I did before when I was still shooting film. But what to do, client is also my commercial client what.

my rates from when i was a student (not related to the "Student" here)

S$150 for 1st hour and $75 for every sub hour and $40 per roll.

kex said:
it will be quite ........................
market rate is about $100/hr of service,.............................

Yes, that's right, about $50 per 36 prints, so most jobs is $100 only, and it is only event with MP as GOH than got budgets, but this kind of events got so many. anyone interested also can shoot and can keep you very busy.

ortega said:
my rates from when i was a student (not related to the "Student" here)

S$150 for 1st hour and $75 for every sub hour and $40 per roll.

Yeah and min 2 hrs and 2 rolls somemore, those were the days...............when will they come back again. Lucky my "$50.00 shoot" only do once, after that my client pai sai also.

Status
Not open for further replies.