Rates by different ph0to Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jcryan55

Could anyone furnish the rates charged for the services at the different photlabs. I've some of the prices for below:

Colour Lab at Adelphi

1. Processing (Colour) : S$4.50
2. Colour 4R printing : S$0.40 each
3R prining : S$0.20 each (on promo now)
3. Slide processing : S$6 (no mount), S$10 (with mount)
4. Enlargement (from negatives/slide/digi print:
a. 11x14" : $12
b. 16x20" :S$20
c. 20x24" : S$28
d. 20x30 : S$ 45
e. 30x40" : S$98
f. 8R : S$3.50

RGB colour Lab
1. Slide processing : S$????
2. print processing : S$???
3. printing: S$????
4. enlargement(slide to prints):
a. 8R : S$20
b. 4R : S$3
c. 5R : S$6

Konata At Peninsula Plaza

?????

Ruby at Peninsula Shopping Centre

?????

MS Colour at AMK
?????

All who knows may want to share.....Hope we can get a price list from them. Good for fellow photographer's reference.

RGB : (can collect on same day if you submit around noon.)

Slide processing : 4.80

Ruby

Slide processing : 4.00

MS Color AMK charges $6.00 but I bargain it down to $5.00 anyway.

In any case, just don't go for the cheapest prices and forget that you'll have to pay for transport there. What seems slightly cheaper might actually be more expensive when you factor in the transport costs...

Originally posted by Richard
MS Color AMK charges $6.00 but I bargain it down to $5.00 anyway.

In any case, just don't go for the cheapest prices and forget that you'll have to pay for transport there. What seems slightly cheaper might actually be more expensive when you factor in the transport costs...

I agree. You should get one near your house because you have to calculate the trasport fees for 2 trips (go and back) which means you have to pay 4 times.

Hi

my experience with labs.

ColorLab has the best customer service. They even brought me into their lab to see the kind of machines they use, the kind of scanners they use for scanning, and explain their workflow. They produce the best digital prints with the most reasonable price. They also offer fast turn around times if u get to know them well ;) Being a pro lab, they maintain their Frontier machines regularly and these guys know wat they are doing and are as passionate about photography as anyone of us.

RGB Colour is very :thumbsup: for slide processing. the best, i might add. (of all the labs - FotoHub, ColourLab, Konota, PhotoFriend, King's Express, KJ Colour) not only can u collect on the same day (within about 2 hours) for slide processing (for a small price of $4.80), u can do pushing of the slides up to 3 stops for only a 50% increase in price (so total would be $7.20 for any kind of push / pull processing).

that's far cheaper and faster than any of the other labs - including ColourLab, which i normally go. and wat's more, even if u push, u can still collect on the same day (within 3 hours). No other lab comes close to this level of service. Being a PRO lab as well, they offer very high end services, possibly more than we ever need.

The best lab for scanning of slides / negs is PhotoFriend. PhotoFriend produces beautiful 6 megapixel TIFF scans from slides / negs. ColorLab sucks at lab scans. They are not a pro lab; however, their scans are really out of this world. They also offer neg processing, though they don't do slides themselves, so i wun recommend u send your slides to them - turnaround time can be very long. Highly recommended for digitising your images.

FotoHub, another high end pro lab, is also the one used by National Geographic photographer (non full time, however) R. Ian Lloyd. (when he sold me his 70-200L, he told me so). However, i find their prices a bit on the high side. Recommended if u work in the city area (they are VERY conveniently located in the heart of Raffles place), as u can always drop off your slides / negs / digital photos with them on your way to work without all the rushing to beat lab closing times. Not recommended if u want the cheapest price. Only their Bukit Timah Branch offers one hour slide processing, however.

King's Express - i have no personal experience with them - YET. But i know YSLee and RichardKang swears by them ;) so it will be one place to check out. They close late, so that's an advantage.

and lastly,

Red Dawn's Digital Station offers high quality post processing services of all digital images (particularly D30 images) as well as digital printing services. Your images will be individually hand processed to the highest quality fine art standards. Professional digital black and white processing also available. Web gallery creation and hosting services are also offered.

:D

Red Dawn:

Where's PhotoFriend located??

Originally posted by Red Dawn
Hi

my experience with labs.

The best lab for scanning of slides / negs is PhotoFriend. PhotoFriend produces beautiful 6 megapixel TIFF scans from slides / negs. ColorLab sucks at lab scans. They are not a pro lab; however, their scans are really out of this world. They also offer neg processing, though they don't do slides themselves, so i wun recommend u send your slides to them - turnaround time can be very long. Highly recommended for digitising your images.

:D

so Umean that Colorlab is not recommended for negative scanned? Though of trying them out - Develop and scanned new roll of film. :dunno:

Hi Red Dawn, where's Photofriend located?

Hi

PhotoFriend is located at Peninsula Plaza (same floor as CP)

it's near the DBS ATMs on the ground floor....

Originally posted by scanner

so Umean that Colorlab is not recommended for negative scanned? Though of trying them out - Develop and scanned new roll of film. :dunno:

colorlab also scans negs very well.
but not good for slides.

resurrection of a long dead thread... :D

but anyway i found this thread very useful.... can everyone chip in to update??

make sticky?

;)

Hi

my experience with labs.

**SNIP**

Old thread, but since it's revived, I've got a question:

RedDawn: do you roughly know the fees they charge for the services that you have mentioned?

:)

Thanks.

colorlab also scans negs very well.
but not good for slides.

Ah RedDawn, so if I have a roll over Provia 100f, I should have it processed at RGB and then take it to PhotoFriend for scanning, right? How much does it cost in total?

where can i find RGB?

how much to develop prints from slides?

Ruby does optical printing from slides for $1 a slide. I think Konata's is 50 cents, but they do only digital printing. Ruby's one has richer colors.

Originally posted by vonderbie
where can i find RGB?

how much to develop prints from slides?

Originally posted by reno77
Ruby does optical printing from slides for $1 a slide. I think Konata's is 50 cents, but they do only digital printing. Ruby's one has richer colors.

hmm..$1 for what size?

anyway thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.