Rate per Hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboy_cad

Sep 20, 2004
singapore
nmmbpd.multiply.com
Hi.....

Just one of my friend, recommend me to shot one birthday event, they asking how much my rate per hours.....the job are to take picture and do some cropping and copy to media only, of course quality are there......thanks and more power to all photographers.

Hi...

You mean the rate are like that's per hour, so high...the job is only take picture and crop, there's is no printing or developing......is the usual price......

The cropping is for my own decision. Any other idea for the rate......

Ditto. IF u wanna do it for free no one's stopping u.

But the stigma stays... u'll have a hard time charging others next time.
All ppl need to do next time is to come up with some sob story and they wun need to pay u a single cent. Or they can take advantage of ur 'lack of experience'.

Ur choice. ;)

Hi.....all,

Thanks for all the information. But need some more suggestion/advise...
But i think $70 is good enough rate per hour.....

take all your equipment + computer and divide by 24 months and divide by the number of times you use your equipment a month +
take all your batteries divide by 12 months +
your daily rate (may be $150- $300 per day?) divide by the number of hours including processing of images, transport time =

your rate ( very simple type of caluation)

its say you own 2 $2000 cameras, 2 $500 flashes, and about $3000 worth of lenses for your job, +4 1gb cards ($130 x4) $520 plus a PC to edit ($1500)

$10,200 divide by 24 months for deprication $417.50 per month divide by the time you shot per month, say 6 times a month= $69.60. That is the cost of using your camera everytime you go out for a shoot.

say you invest about $150 in batteries ( pro camera batteries are more expensive) divide by 12 months and divide by 6 times you use a month $2.10

say you take about 6 hours to edit half a day's work, shoot for 4 hours, transport is 2 hours= 12 hours, 1 1/2 days work. Say you rate yourself at $150 per day, that is $225 for your wages.

transport about $30.

SO equipment $69.60 + batteries $2.10 + pay $225 + transport $30 = $326.70

If you own more expensive gear, the cost cost up, if you have rent, a website, wages for your assistant, all these adds up. if you advertise cost goes up!

crap forget to add the cost of CD, cover, printer, your HP bills etc.....

so dun uncharge yourself!;)

To Belle&Sebastian,

Thanks for the detail......your right its not joke....to hire a photographer.:thumbsup:
Thanks again

bigboy_cad said:
Hi....

Usually, in one event, let say..children birthday parties, what is the maximum picture you shoot or produce?

children is one of the hardest event photography to do, when the child is shy, you have a low hit rate, usually i meet up with the client's kids and have a meal at macs to earn the kid's trust. Once they open up, you can be sure of a higher hit rate and their friends will open up to you.

i never use a pro camera for this type, mostly a smallish DSLR and try without flashes. i mix primes with wide angle zooms and even fisheye to create effects for the kids. Again it depends on the venue. I'm a big kid myself and i can converse my pokimons and neopets with bigger kids. My laptop has some games for them when we are introduced. I also own a gameboy, handy for ice breakers. i used to think to stick stuff toys for the smaller kids but i have discarded the idea since.

i always shoot at their eye level, that means bending and crawling sometimes. My rates include medicated plasters after a hard day of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.