Rangefinder coffee session cum street shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansel

Apr 30, 2003
Land Downunder
Visit site
I would like to organize an outing for rangefinder enthusiasts here at Clubsnap. This is also an opportunity for experienced RF users to share their knowledge with fellow members.

During a Sunday morning meeting, we will start with a kopi session. I will make available for "molestation", a series of rangefinders made in the former Soviet Union (FSU). These will also be available for borrowing during the street shooting that follows. More details below.

Also, I will try to convince a few friends to bring along their beloved RF for sharing and education, but how far you can play with their precious toy will be up to the individual owners discretion. Possible cameras on this list are, Yashica GSN, Zorki C, Leica M6, Mamiya 7 (medium format RF), Hasselblad XPAN (panoramic RF) and Epson RD1S digital RF. No promises, but I'll try.

For those who are dying to lay their hands on the latest Bessa R4M, Chiif will be bringing a set (or two) on that day. Please bring along a bib if you foresee yourself drooling all over the place, or bleeding in the nose. :p

All this is done in the name of education. After the kopi & molestation, we will go out and do some street shooting. I will be shooting with my Bessa R2.

All others are welcome and encouraged to bring along your favourite RF to join us, and we are aware that you may not want any other member to touch your precious. All participants are encouraged to post 2 shots from this outing on another thread I will create under RF subforum soon after this event.

Conditions for those who intend to borrow the FSU RFs, you are required to bring a roll of film and use it for the street shoot. There after, process the roll of film (process and scan) then post two shots from this outing on this thread. Since I will not be asking for deposit of $$ or keep your NRIC, I am afraid I can only loan the RFs to CSers who have been registered for 6 mths or longer, AND clocked 200 posts or more as of today(1st June 2007). These are the conditions for borrowing the FSU RFs. Non-compliant participants will be banned from future outings organised by me.

Date of outing: 17 June 2007 (Sunday)
Time : 8.30am
Venue : Most likely cafe f'stop (participants are encouraged to purchase at least a beverage)
Street shoot location : either Chinatown or Clark Quay Area

Participants who intend to borrow the FSU RFs please place your nick after the dashes. Please note conditions stated above. Note that the Kiev 4's slow speeds (1/10s below) are not working. All cameras come with 50mm lens. All cameras have got no meters, so you have to use the Sunny 16 rule. Or bring your own meter.
(eg. Kiev 4 -- Nick)

1. Kiev 4 ---
2. FED 3 ---
3. FED 5v---
4. Zorki 4K ---

All other articipants please list your nicks here and the camera you might be using. Those who wish to borrow the RFs (above) need not place your name here again.

(eg. 1. Ansel --- Bessa R2)
max 16.

IS there a limit on the number of participants?

Not sure of the limit at cafe f'stop. Maybe not more than 20 people in the cafe? I have not gotten a confirmation from cafe f'stop yet, though. But of course venue can change if cafe f'stop is not available.

2. csisfun - Bessa R

Wondering if it can be later in the morning?

I wish to sign up for the gathering. The rangefinders I am bringing along will be the Kiev 4a and a Canon Canonet QL17. Btw, where is the cafe f/stop?

hmm looks like i need to start spammi...i mean posting more to qualify...

Wondering if it can be later in the morning?

Later the sun over head not nice already. If you want, you can skip the coffee session because we will only go out to shoot around 9.45 or 10.00am.

Sounds like fun. I'm new to RF :)

2. csisfun - Bessa R
3. centurion_sg - Bessa R3M

Sounds like fun. I'm new to RF :)

2. csisfun - Bessa R

Hahahaha! Now we have all four versions of Bessas in attendance, including the R4 from chiif.

2. csisfun - Bessa R
4. Mezzotint - Seagull 205

Looking forward to check out the Bessa RF cameras, especially the latest R4 series. :)

Tidy up...:)

2. csisfun - Bessa R
4. sykestang - RD1s
5. Mezzotint - Seagull 205

How? No body interested in the FSU RFs? Note conditions above.
eg. Kiev 4 -- Nick)

1. Kiev 4 ---
2. FED 3 ---
3. FED 5v---
4. Zorki 4K ---

Just been informed that the venue Cafe f'stop is closed on Sunday. An alternate venue is Food court at ground floor of Tekka Centre where the Shing Sheong Supermarket is. Have the coffee session there, then can street shoot in Little India. Unless someone else can suggest a different venue.

Tidy up...:)

2. csisfun - Bessa R
4. sykestang - RD1s
5. Mezzotint - Seagull 205
6. Koolcat - leica m

How? No body interested in the FSU RFs? Note conditions above.
eg. Kiev 4 -- Nick)

1. Kiev 4 ---
2. FED 3 ---
3. FED 5v---
4. Zorki 4K ---[/QUOTE]

BTW... If you don't have a RF... can join also... just bring along an ATM card and I can immediately strike a deal on the spot... :bsmilie: just kidding...

Status
Not open for further replies.