Random macro & close ups

Thanks to this spider that made me stop for a shot.

Spider by Edwin Tan (Schmike), on Flickr

Suddenly noticed something else moving on the tree trunk... A pair of large adult lantern bugs!!! :D

Lantern Bug by Edwin Tan (Schmike), on Flickr

Nice shot!! Is the lantern bug taken in singapore? Are they consider uncommon in sg?

Nice shot!! Is the lantern bug taken in singapore? Are they consider uncommon in sg?

Yes to both. They are considered as endangered in Singapore.

Congrats on the find. The spider that led you there is an Aetius from the Corinnidae family.

You may get several people asking you where to find them. Good to leave them alone first to multiply. ;)

Thanks for the spider ID.

The location will not be disclosed. :)

I believe those who need to know already know roughly where they can be found. It's just a matter of luck when heading into the areas. I found this pair few years after spotting juveniles in this forest.

Thanks for the spider ID.

The location will not be disclosed. :)

I believe those who need to know already know roughly where they can be found. It's just a matter of luck when heading into the areas. I found this pair few years after spotting juveniles in this forest.

Few years? This shot was taken few years back??

Gratz on the find. How many times you have shot lantern bug in sg throughout your macro photography life.

Dawson

Few years? This shot was taken few years back??

Gratz on the find. How many times you have shot lantern bug in sg throughout your macro photography life.

Dawson

These are recent shots. I've quite a few shots of juveniles from around this area few years back. First time shooting the adults.