Vista is the most secured Windows ever developed , ok? :angry:

they say that when they release windows 2000
they also say that when they release windows XP
why people don't learn from history?

they say that when they release windows 2000
they also say that when they release windows XP
why people don't learn from history?

actually, they are correct! :thumbsup:

when win2k was out that time, there wasn't any newer windows, so it was correct to say win2k was the most secured.....

now when Vista is out, there is any newer windows, so it is the most secured mah :thumbsup:

actually, they are correct! :thumbsup:

when win2k was out that time, there wasn't any newer windows, so it was correct to say win2k was the most secured.....

now when Vista is out, there is any newer windows, so it is the most secured mah :thumbsup:

you remind me another person;p :sweat:

Vista is the most secured Windows ever developed , ok? :angry:

dun blame them la..... only blame them for not lowering their prices despite generating tonnes of profits...
becaise although they manage to coem up with 101 things to patch up their bugs in all the previous issues, there will always be a talent hidden somewhere in this planet that can unearth another big bug....

programming is a very tough thing.... because it is so long and complex.... there is bound to be some unanticipated errors somewhere... cant be helped...

dun blame them la..... only blame them for not lowering their prices despite generating tonnes of profits...
becaise although they manage to coem up with 101 things to patch up their bugs in all the previous issues, there will always be a talent hidden somewhere in this planet that can unearth another big bug....

programming is a very tough thing.... because it is so long and complex.... there is bound to be some unanticipated errors somewhere... cant be helped...

so , we , the users, become testers in real world ? then shldn't we be rewarded if we click "Send Report" button whenever it crashes?

not a very smart defender right... should be able to defend without even asking. now that's smart.

512MB worth of RAM WILL run on Windows Vista. I've tried running Vista Ultimate on 512MB of ram.

but on the side note, right once after you've installed Windows and all the drivers, it'll already take more then 300MB of RAM for Windows alone.

that's a cool 60% more as compared to Windows XP, which would not take more then 180MB under same conditions...

Windows Aero Glass is cool, but personally, i find it dumb to have nice nice interface at the expense of responsiveness...

and to rant on, windows defender is really a pain in the ass. everything you run, windows defender will ask you if you'll permit it or not.. perhaps it's good for the "not so literate" bunch, but it's annoying if you ask me. RAM sucking piece of feature...

oh well.

it's kinda odd that i've been chasing betas for Windows XP 5 years ago, but now Vista is officially out, i dont give 2 hoots. =)

Personally, it is not recommended to upgrate to Vista at the moment. Those who use photoshop or other image editing software, you will need at least 3GB RAM or 4GB RAM. The latest notebook is expandable to 4GB RAM but bloody expensive for 1 stick of 2GB RAM and hardly find in the market.
IMHO, it's not worth for the eye candy interface like Windows Aero. I have read many reviews and most reviews said that there is no improvement on the software or games speed unless you go for 64-bit provided the software is 64-bit supported.
Also, if you want to buy Vista, go for the Ultimate edition only else dont buy. The Ultimate edition costs around 660+, OEM is about 330+.
If you run Vista + MS Office 2007, you will need at least 2GB RAM to run them smoothly and no photoshop to be run concurrently.

Personally, it is not recommended to upgrate to Vista at the moment. Those who use photoshop or other image editing software, you will need at least 3GB RAM or 4GB RAM. The latest notebook is expandable to 4GB RAM but bloody expensive for 1 stick of 2GB RAM and hardly find in the market.
IMHO, it's not worth for the eye candy interface like Windows Aero. I have read many reviews and most reviews said that there is no improvement on the software or games speed unless you go for 64-bit provided the software is 64-bit supported.
Also, if you want to buy Vista, go for the Ultimate edition only else dont buy. The Ultimate edition costs around 660+, OEM is about 330+.
If you run Vista + MS Office 2007, you will need at least 2GB RAM to run them smoothly and no photoshop to be run concurrently.
Good advice. My sentiments too.

I'd been running VISTA, Office 2007 for few months... 1GB RAM sufficient leow :lovegrin:

I'd been running VISTA, Office 2007 for few months... 1GB RAM sufficient leow :lovegrin:

is it smooth enough? :embrass:
means, will not see slowness or lag when switching windows via Flip3D, or slownesss in refreshing after maximising / minimising...

means, will not see slowness or lag when switching windows via Flip3D, or slownesss in refreshing after maximising / minimising...

smooth enough. the processor is important too. dunno why everybody here keeps stressing on RAM? i mean, what's wrong with the increase in RAM? like what all you people said, last time, 512k was enough. just look at the transition state between 98 to xp, it is exactly the same thing. win 98 ran well with 64MB ram. try that on windows xp.

Make sure you have a good graphics card and not the Intel graphics using shared memory. The Windows Vista api is suppose to make use of your graphics card's GPU which XP does not.:)

FYI, for the 32-bit Windows Vista, there is a theoretical 4GB limit on accessible RAM. Installing any more is probably useless until you get the 64bit version

Some people have installed 4GB but Vista reported less than that because it had something to do with the amount of RAM that Vista can address at once.

You can read this is you want to know more

There's also some stuff about how Vista uses RAM here

Interesting to read

Not sure if there are any real world implications

yup. no problem on aeroglass. Pentium M processor 1.73ghz.

Can someone enlight me on Vista. My notebook is Compaq V3020TU Core Duo with 1.5gig ram.
Should I buy the 32bit or the 64bit Vista OS? :dunno:

FYI, for the 32-bit Windows Vista, there is a theoretical 4GB limit on accessible RAM. Installing any more is probably useless until you get the 64bit version

Some people have installed 4GB but Vista reported less than that because it had something to do with the amount of RAM that Vista can address at once.

You can read this is you want to know more

There's also some stuff about how Vista uses RAM here

Interesting to read

Not sure if there are any real world implications

True... have 4GB of ram on my Core 2 Duo 2400 system... Older mb(945) only recognise 3.4gb. Now with 975 platinum mb recognise 4gb but Vista only use 3.4gb! Still unwilling to install Office 2007... wife cannot get used to the new interface...

Status
Not open for further replies.