RAM and Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes...as i mentioned in another thread, 2gb is the amount for ur vista to run smoothly with all the aero crap.... take note, this 2gb amount is JUST for vista.

If u add in photoshop, anti virus, firewalls, x-fi sound, and all the mumbo jumbo background applications etc, 4gb is the recommended amount.

off topic, my mac running 1gb ram, the eye candy is good and i can run photoshop, msn msgr, iCal, iTunes, ACDsee, FF and QuickSilver ........ oh sorry, Vista is a newer OS, so cannot compared........... Vista is great! :thumbsup:

my notebook only up to 2GB ram.....:cry: :cry: tt's mean not good enuff for vista....:cry:

my notebook only up to 2GB ram.....:cry: :cry: tt's mean not good enuff for vista....:cry:

upgrade RAM! .... provided there is enough slot ... notebook may have very limited slots right? :sweat:

I was tested on my 1 GB RAM laptop with Vista quite sometime ago. What I can say is really cannot make it. Vista suck too much resources. If you insist on Vista, recommended use it on Core 2 Duo with at least 2GB RAM to let all things run smoothly. Unless you really willing to bear with the speed then nothing I can say.

I was tested on my 1 GB RAM laptop with Vista quite sometime ago. What I can say is really cannot make it. Vista suck too much resources. If you insist on Vista, recommended use it on Core 2 Duo with at least 2GB RAM to let all things run smoothly. Unless you really willing to bear with the speed then nothing I can say.

u tested 1gb with vista alone or running some programs concurrently? .... what am i talking? if not running any programs, whats the use of a computer? :embrass:

u tested 1gb with vista alone or running some programs concurrently? .... what am i talking? if not running any programs, whats the use of a computer? :embrass:

no more multitasking?? so that we can concerate on 1 job at a time.

aiya ..to save $$$ stay with XP from now..

i think Vista will make RAM manufacturers very happy! :thumbsup:

i certainly hope so too.... the price of ram to me now is still very very expensive.. i have been staying with 768mb of ram for 2 yrs already, and the cs2 ran very slow on my 2.26ghz computer....
but ps 7 is just nice, the speed is ok

i hope this will make more ram manufacturers come into the industry and hopefully drive the price of 1 gb ram down to $50 or less... This may seem like a dream now, but wait a minute, still remember the days when 1gb cf card cost near $1000? ;p

maybe a no brainer remark: $ is the only issue that hinder Vista upgrade as most people dun want to spend the money to upgrade their hardware.....

so Vista actually is a great product! :thumbsup:

maybe a no brainer remark: $ is the only issue that hinder Vista upgrade as most people dun want to spend the money to upgrade their hardware.....

so Vista actually is a great product! :thumbsup:
you hit the bulleye! :thumbsup:
i don mind trying vista if its free. :bsmilie:

512MB worth of RAM WILL run on Windows Vista. I've tried running Vista Ultimate on 512MB of ram.

but on the side note, right once after you've installed Windows and all the drivers, it'll already take more then 300MB of RAM for Windows alone.

that's a cool 60% more as compared to Windows XP, which would not take more then 180MB under same conditions...

Windows Aero Glass is cool, but personally, i find it dumb to have nice nice interface at the expense of responsiveness...

and to rant on, windows defender is really a pain in the ass. everything you run, windows defender will ask you if you'll permit it or not.. perhaps it's good for the "not so literate" bunch, but it's annoying if you ask me. RAM sucking piece of feature...

oh well.

it's kinda odd that i've been chasing betas for Windows XP 5 years ago, but now Vista is officially out, i dont give 2 hoots. =)

5 years were long time - enough time for the programmers to remove lots of bugs :bsmilie:

who say remove bugs, they try to figure how to put in bugs to stop people using pirate copy;p
vista is compitable with all the windows virus:bsmilie:

wondering when the jump from DOS to Windows , does the users of PC complained about the need to buy more RAM?

who say remove bugs, they try to figure how to put in bugs to stop people using pirate copy;p
vista is compitable with all the windows virus:bsmilie:

Vista is the most secured Windows ever developed , ok? :angry:

just wait for Vista SP1, SP2,SP3, SP4,.......:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.