Ralph Lauren watches

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsam1997

Nov 2, 2010
Does anyone know the current prices of a Ralph Lauren watch?

Never state model of watch in the Ralph Lauren brand. They are fashion label. Not original watch makers. That means they arrange with OEM factory to make for them and then stamp on Ralph Lauren brand.

Why ask here on Internet? Suppose you get first answer: Yes, it is $10,000. Then you get second answer: Yes, it is $50. You still have to check it out on your own.

Easier if you just ring up the watch shops in Yellow Pages.

Last edited:
didnt know they do watches..

thought they are famous for perfumes n polo t shirts..

You are better off buying Tissot. Polo not known at all for watches.

Does anyone know the current prices of a Ralph Lauren watch?

There are maybe 200 different ones at different price points. I suggest you step away from the pc, go to a mall and look for yourself.

Contrary to what most folks believe, ralph lauren watches (not polo ralph lauren) are not in the same league as few hundred bucks range entry fashion watches like ck, gc, armani, boss etc.

The label is trying to make its foray towards high end watches, using manifacture movements from richmont group brands like piaget.

Btw I recall the mbs boutique has a decent collection of their time pieces. Worth checking out if you're into it.

I see thanks all for the feedback. Not sure what is the price mah if the price near a tissot of course get tissot lah I'm.not a idiot

I checked their website. They used dedicated codes for the movements so I can't tell for sure if these movements were in-house. However, I did spot a CSOC certified movement used on one of the chronograph. That's a tell-tale sign that the movement is not in-house, unless they decided to send their movements for certification.

Last edited:
Ralph Lauren certainly does not have any in-house movement or, indeed, any expertise in watch making. They tap on the expertise of the watchmakers in the Richemont Group, including IWC, Piaget and Jaeger-LeCoultre. It pays to have really established "big brothers".

I think in house movement is a bad idea, it'll cost you a bomb down the road. But hey, if you have boatloads of money, you should be fine.
But if you do, I recommend you to get a timepiece other than Ralph Lauren.

Their partner is La Fabrique du Temps, not really a big-name movement manufacturer

Why everybody likes classy expensive watches but nobody likes this kind?

MVI_0917.gif

Thanks all for the reply but my budget is really tight like maximum 1k but of course the lower the better

Seiko makes good watches. Definitely below 1K.

Thanks all for the reply but my budget is really tight like maximum 1k but of course the lower the better

Sub-$1,000? I think you can stick to Tissot, Hamilton and the other usual suspects.

I think in house movement is a bad idea, it'll cost you a bomb down the road. But hey, if you have boatloads of money, you should be fine.
But if you do, I recommend you to get a timepiece other than Ralph Lauren.

Actually servicing in-house movements is not that more expensive over the ubiquitous ETA movements like the ETA 2824 or Valjoux 7750. The authorized service center tends to charge quite lofty servicing fees, whatever the movement.

Of course, at the very high end, cost is a moot point.

To illustrate, a simple servicing of an A Lange & Söhne Saxonia automatic is about S$2,000... That may seem expensive, but it is certainly cheaper than the maintenance of a car, and at a frequency of 3-6 years (average about 5 years), a lot less frequent too. Besides, considering that the watch is over $20,000, servicing costs less than 10% of the watch. Not too bad leh.

Status
Not open for further replies.