Rainy Sennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewey

Dec 18, 2006
Hi, my first time posting for comments :embrass: ... anyways, just like to get some honest feedback on the composition of my photo and ways I could improve it (Maybe some post processing?).

Rain-scape.jpg

I took this shot while holding my Olympus OM1 (+ 28mm f2.8 Zuiko + Kodak T400 B/W film) out of the window of my work place with one hand and pre-focusing to infinity. It was just after a heavy rain, where sky was still gloomy. So I thought I would try to capture the feel of it.

I'm not too sure if the grainy effect is because of the film itself (first time using it) or the scanner used by the film developer. Anyway I think it makes the photo look interesting.

Thanks for looking and hope to heard some comments :)

I like it very much, you translated the mood and the feel to me very well. i would say you have put b/w films into good use and it tells me that this picture is as if "aged" the grains and old shop houses did worked it's way too.

As for composition it is lacking interest if you haven't written a shot introduction for your photograph.

Overall, the exposure is great, but will be better if there is slightly more contrast. horizon is very much acceptable and the roads are interesting as element.

I don't agree with the rest but i will say. WELL DONE! :thumbsup:

Hi, my first time posting for comments :embrass: ... anyways, just like to get some honest feedback on the composition of my photo and ways I could improve it (Maybe some post processing?).

Rain-scape.jpg

I took this shot while holding my Olympus OM1 (+ 28mm f2.8 Zuiko + Kodak T400 B/W film) out of the window of my work place with one hand and pre-focusing to infinity. It was just after a heavy rain, where sky was still gloomy. So I thought I would try to capture the feel of it.

I'm not too sure if the grainy effect is because of the film itself (first time using it) or the scanner used by the film developer. Anyway I think it makes the photo look interesting.

Thanks for looking and hope to heard some comments :)

Status
Not open for further replies.