RainX Wiper Solution ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwine

Jan 20, 2008
Hi,

Any bro ever tried the Rain X wiper solution ?
Not the original where you apply on the windscreen,
This version is pour into your wiper box.

Equally effective ?

Save your money... well, I mean it will work as advertised, but still, for safety reasons, you should still use your wipers.

That's definitely.
Just that i'm tired of replacing the wiper every few month.
else wiper makes hell of a noise when turn on :dunno:

Rain-X actually cause your wipers to "jutter" when you stop using it.
You can try cleaning your wipers with car wash when you wash your car.
Works for me, wipers is 3 years old and going strong. :bsmilie:

i suppose you are saying the wiper tends to 'stutter' after the RainX wear off ?
Yes, that makes sense.

From another angle,
I'm lazy to re-apply everytime it wear off.
So thinking to use the 'Wiper Solution' version,
as i will be able to 're-apply' from the comfort of my seat :bsmilie:

i suppose you are saying the wiper tends to 'stutter' after the RainX wear off ?
Yes, that makes sense.

From another angle,
I'm lazy to re-apply everytime it wear off.
So thinking to use the 'Wiper Solution' version,
as i will be able to 're-apply' from the comfort of my seat :bsmilie:
for best effect, it's still best to apply hands on IMO

use Twister silicon wiper ;)

Collect a stack of old $2 and $5 and $10 Singapore paper currencies. Soak it in a bucket of hot water.

Then paste them neatly onto your car windows and leave them to dry overnight.

The next morning, your window will be squeaky clean and all your paper notes will be removed without a trace.

Before you do that, please pm me your date/time/address and please park in a secluded hdb carpark. Let me be your first volunteer to clean your windows that way.

That's definitely.
Just that i'm tired of replacing the wiper every few month.
else wiper makes hell of a noise when turn on :dunno:

isn't that a problem with the wiper instead?

for me, all these 'car care' stuff are not worth it. not that I don't care about my car but i really don't see any problem without using them in the first place. even for car wash, I just use tap water. no soap or anything. just wash, wax sometimes. good enough for me.

RainX is a silicone compound solution. It will only help in the short run since silicone will wear off quite easily. Personally from my experience, dont use.

Usually a good wiper will easily last around 3 - 4 years with proper and simple care. Usually if your wipers come originally along with your car, they are of better quality, especially if yours are the Benz, BMW, Lexus, etc....

A common wiper sets from a hardware store cost below $15 but those from the original suppliers usually cost at least $150 for a pair. I guess the difference is the quality of the rubber as well as the mechanisms and branding.

How do you care for your wipers?
1. wipe away the dust and residues regularly with a wet cloth,
2. if the car is always in the hot sun, separate the rubber from the hot windscreen,
3. always add in windscreen "soapy" solution to the container and do the cleaning when driving along the highway, preferring at speed above 80kmh
4. buy better quality wiperblades.

Hi,

Any bro ever tried the Rain X wiper solution ?
Not the original where you apply on the windscreen,
This version is pour into your wiper box.

Equally effective ?

U can use it on the rear window, and passenger windows...at least the rain water will flow off easier. I tried it on the front windows and as mention from the rest, the wipers do get jutters..

If you think u have wasted ur money on rainx, another application you can use on your shower screens...;)

How about the RainX wipers? anyone tried those??

Collect a stack of old $2 and $5 and $10 Singapore paper currencies. Soak it in a bucket of hot water.

Then paste them neatly onto your car windows and leave them to dry overnight.

The next morning, your window will be squeaky clean and all your paper notes will be removed without a trace.

Before you do that, please pm me your date/time/address and please park in a secluded hdb carpark. Let me be your first volunteer to clean your windows that way.

I'm told that $50 notes work even faster ;)

while i do not want to sound too crude here: Rain.. X is a gimmick.

Good visibility is brought about by good quality wiper technologies and a well maintained glass surface.

I know many people have problems with RainX squeeking noise.

YMMV, but personally RainX works fine if properly applied on windscreen. Also good for side mirrors and windows which do NOT have wipers. LOL

Though a majority of antifreezes and rain repellents are relatively harmless, there are several products (which may or may not include Rain-X) in the market that are extremely hazardous and toxic, so please read and adhere strictly to the label instructions and when in doubt, kindly refer to their relevant Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).

The reason that I had mentioned this is due to the fact that some of the rain repellents (specifically "RainBoe" which contains CFC-113 OKA Freon 113) previously used on-board commercial aircrafts had been known to cause irreversible and permanent neurological damages to the central nervous system of flight deck crews with prolonged exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.