Raining, humidity check!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickey

Feb 9, 2002
www.pbase.com
Was cleaning my Dry Cabinet and found out that the humidity when up to the red bar (>70%).
I guess must this few days of raining must have cause it.:think:

Just to be KS abit I've pop in a few bags of silica gel in the Dry Cabinet.:sweat:

Mickey said:
Was cleaning my Dry Cabinet and found out that the humidity when up to the red bar (>70%).

Just to be KS abit I've pop in a few bags of silica gel in the Dry Cabinet.:sweat:

Guess humidity will go up once you open the dry cabinet. It will take some time for the dry cabinet to return to the level you set. Check your settings.

My dry cabinet is about 52%, cause I opened it yesterday though.

Mickey said:

I think you are right. Mine went up to 55% from the normal 50%.

Mine 50-55% in room temperature, but when aircon is on, it's 40%.

BTW, how do you people store silica gels while avoiding physical contact with it?
Mine is a small wine bottle using a few layers of tissue to wrap arround the lid.

Erm.. me always maintain at 45-48%. Using electronic Dry cabi. Even when open it, would set it to decrease asap to the recommended RH.

West_ray said:
mine is 39% ... long time never open already ... ha ~

Hi,
Any "side effect" if %RH is too dry ? :dunno:
Is it due to ESD damage ?

The apparent advantage over a dry box is perhaps in cases like these. The humidity drops to a constant level regardless of external conditions. Of course, there's the additional cost of silica gel or Thirsty Hippos...

...and the humidity dropping too low.

Again, I am almost to the point of begging people to provide me conclusive, tried-and-tested information to show that too low a humidity DOES cause damage to equipment. All I read now is that it MIGHT cause drying of lubricants in a lens and/ or cause rubber to crack. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.