Rainie Yang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prismatic

Feb 25, 2003
In the void.
Visit site
By popular request, here's a couple more shots of her from the show.

rainie01.jpg

rainie02.jpg

Both pictures have distracting background of human heads! They just draw my attention onto those background rather than the main subject itself. Hence the pictures loses impact.

cjl said:
OMG...are u at the live set of Guess Guess Guess?!?!

:sweat:
Yup yup, was there last week. If you scroll a bit down the Ready, Lights and Action forum more, there's a Guess Guess Guess post somewhere.

kelster said:
wah...really pump up the ISO huh?....heh...
Actually no, all quite constant at 400, cos can't use flash much. Anyway, they are just snapshots, I can live with the noise.

XXX BOY said:
Both pictures have distracting background of human heads! They just draw my attention onto those background rather than the main subject itself. Hence the pictures loses impact.
Can't expect to move around much on a recording set, can you? Anyway, I've tried to minimise the distraction by taking only half-faces. If you are still distracted, maybe you are scrutinising too much. :sweat:
In any case, some people dun really care about the background anyway. Hey,
it's Rainie Yang for crying out loud. Those guys who requested the pics are probably blind to anything else in the picture. :D

nice pics, ur camera is the minolta dimage z1? does it stabilise well when at full 10x optical zoom

Coolsmurf said:
nice pics, ur camera is the minolta dimage z1? does it stabilise well when at full 10x optical zoom

Of course it does. :D
The Minolta Z-1 is stabilised by one of the most sophisticated image stabilising system in existence. It's called the A.R.M.S (Automated Rectified Motion System). It consist of four main components called Coracobrachialis, Brachialis, Biceps brachii and Triceps brachii which provides damping for any movement in any directions! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

*Disclaimer: The Z-1 doesn't have an image stabiliser system lah*

Prismatic said:
:sweat:
Yup yup, was there last week. If you scroll a bit down the Ready, Lights and Action forum more, there's a Guess Guess Guess post somewhere.

Actually no, all quite constant at 400, cos can't use flash much. Anyway, they are just snapshots, I can live with the noise.

Can't expect to move around much on a recording set, can you? Anyway, I've tried to minimise the distraction by taking only half-faces. If you are still distracted, maybe you are scrutinising too much. :sweat:
In any case, some people dun really care about the background anyway. Hey,
it's Rainie Yang for crying out loud. Those guys who requested the pics are probably blind to anything else in the picture. :D

I know that all those guys are probably blind and dun care about the background when they can just see their fav idol. :lovegrin:
In photography, background can be very important elements too! A lousy bad background makes a pictures looks bad!
If background is not imp, why everyone is talking about bokeh of a lens? :dunno:

XXX Boy said:
I know that all those guys are probably blind and dun care about the background when they can just see their fav idol. :lovegrin:
In photography, background can be very important elements too! A lousy bad background makes a pictures looks bad!
If background is not imp, why everyone is talking about bokeh of a lens? :dunno:
Hi xxxBoy, perhaps you can show an example or two where you take a bokeh'd shot in a studio where the subject is isolated and sharp :) it would help me understand further, since Pris's shot doesn't show what you mentioned.

Thanks! :)

XXX Boy said:

Thanks for your concern XXX Boy, as I have stated before these are just some snapshots. I do understand the importance of the background, of course. But if you do ever watch the show, there are like 40-50 sitting behind the hosts. I'm neither the PD, nor the AP, nor grips, nor sounds, nor lights nor cameras. As a spectator, I dun get much choice of what angles to shoot really.

That aside, I will like to complete that statement: A lousy bad background makes a picture look bad.

A lousy bad background only spoils a picture if there's no strong composition focus. Many pictures with a strong focus dun even have much of a background for that matter. ie, silhoulette shots. And for landscape shots, the focus of the whole picture is probably the background. And you are mixing background with bokeh. They are quite difference in their own sense really. The reason that bokeh is being so much talked-about is that it's just stereotypical. Portraits must always have a bokeh; sports must use fast shutter speed, must use 2nd curtain sync for night pictures to look good etc etc.

Then again, we are boring the viewers with the technicalities. Those people who requested the pictures are just here to see her pictures. If that purpose is met, I would consider the pictures having met their objectives already.

yah.the pictures are already quite well-taken, look at the expressions on rainie face, its hard to capture this type of moments because it just comes and go in a flash.. ;p

These are snapshots in crowded environment, not a studio shoot, so live with it.

Bah! The "lousy" background only serves to make Rainie stand out and emphasize her beauty! :heart: :embrass:

Waffle said:
Bah! The "lousy" background only serves to make Rainie stand out and emphasize her beauty! :heart: :embrass:

Now, that's just being silly. :sweat:

Prismatic said:
Now, that's just being silly. :sweat:
:embrass: Hormones. :embrass:

alright shall not disturb this thread anymore. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.