Rain topic: do u dare to collect rain water??

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
Since raining and i learn something new yesterday....

rain water from sky belongs to government... true or false??

collect small pail etc is fine, but cannot dig hole and collect even in ur land....???:think:

collect small pail etc is fine, but cannot dig hole and collect even in ur land....???:think:

false... you can collect. problem is, ya can't drink it unless you process it... there are a lot of chemicals in the sky ya know...

pulau ubin got well. sky juice is free. but you dare drink?

if its your land, you dig one cemetery there i think garmen also cannot do anything one hmm.

Haha got one fellow tell me cannot collect rain water. Google also no such thing. maybe he kena before.

from what i heard, since the flooding...i mean ponding issue...garmen has stopped sarmaning ppl for collecting rainwater. we are in fact encouraged to do so.

Possible leh, since all those water will go to reservoir then PUB process it and send to your house. If every people collect and keep all, no more water in reservoir.

Still waiting patiently for AUB where they process air and sell you in tanks to breath.

PUB

have better clarification???

PUB

have better clarification???

seems more like the Government is worried about people not following standards and breeding mosquitoes rather than saying they own the rain water.

also, i believe it's stated quite clearly that if you want to build a water catchment/processing facility you need to request for a permit from the government

Anyway you can use your collected rainwater for watering plants, washing the toilet, etc.

Anything from the heaven belongs to the Emperor.

Rain is considered as 天水.

9V-Orion Images said:
Rain water is nothing.

Try having to drink freshly made natural milo in Temburong, Brunei.:bsmilie:

u mean Sungei Batu Apoi? I thought those were teh tarik? lol

I remember there is a hdb project where they collect rainwater then process it for toilet flushing.

the only regulation regarding rainwater collection that I vaguely remember is all building design must aid channeling rainwater into drainage system to maximize rainwater collection.

Last edited:
We used to have wells in our home here in Seletar for shower, drink & everything else and I don't see why one cannot build a good filter system @ home from collected rain water to drink.

Larry Lim who collects classic cars here built a dehumidifier in his garage & uses the water collected in an underground tank.

Maybe is the below, depending on how you interpret it.

Sewerage and Drainage Act (CHAPTER 294)

PART V
PROTECTION OF WATER RESOURCES
Prohibition on extraction of water
31.—(1) No person shall, without the approval of the Board, construct any works for taking or intercepting water from any place or sea, within the territorial limits of Singapore.

PART V
31.—(1) No person shall, without the approval of the Board, construct any works for taking or intercepting water from any place or sea, within the territorial limits of Singapore.

taking or intercepting water from any place... i interpret it as installing a pipe and steal water from their main pipe... rather than taking the sky juice...

PART V

Drawing of ground water for consumption is illegal in Singapore I think. An example of the effect of drawing ground water is Bangkok city...

Nineeleven careful careful, if the well is link to the ground water and problem happens, officer will come after you soon.

taking or intercepting water from any place... i interpret it as installing a pipe and steal water from their main pipe... rather than taking the sky juice...

Merriam-Webster : Intercept

2a: to stop, seize, or interrupt in progress or course or before arrival

Source - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intercept