Rain how har?

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
Suppose you are in the field and it may rain... what would you do to prevent your DSLR camera from getting wet? Put in NTUC bag? Or use those super duper (and expensive) rain cover? Any trick/experience that worked well (short of carrying a bulky camera bag lah)?

Make sure you have a Ziploc bag at all times.

I always make sure i have a water proof thrash bag esp when i m outfield bugs hunting..

Rain? cover ur whole setup with it and start running for cover..

Last edited:
Main question is: do you intend to continue shooting or not? If not, just pack in camera bag. Most of them will withstand some rain, some even come with rain cover.
If you want to continue shooting then get those special rain coats - or a camera that's water proof :)

Besides commercially available wet-weather gear protection, you could also carry a black trash bag/disposable poncho for bags/yourself, and use an ordinary supermarket plastic bag to cover the camera ... unless you're bothered by looks.

Suppose you are in the field and it may rain... what would you do to prevent your DSLR camera from getting wet? Put in NTUC bag? Or use those super duper (and expensive) rain cover? Any trick/experience that worked well (short of carrying a bulky camera bag lah)?
my camera is already weather resistant...its the human element whether can endure or not.

ah two 7 eleven plastic bags for me.

One for the camera ( tie up thr hand loops to the front hood of lens and rip a hole for viewfinder ) :sweatsm:

The other for my head .( the hand loops are great for your ears ) :bsmilie:

Cheap and good. :thumbsup:

Umbrella - When shooting long exposures in rain
3 small plastic bags from clinic - for flash units
7-11 plastic bag for camera

I bring a poncho... covers me and the camera too... :)

drizzle i will still shoot... cos i think my cam still can take it. but if pouring then it makes sense to keep the cam into my bag and run for cover! :sweat:

if its starts to drizzle then look for cover soon ...

if sudden downpour then tug my cam under n shirt n start running ... :bsmilie:

I bring along a raincoat, that has got a hood big enough for my head and my cam body :bsmilie: And I standby plastic bag. Done :)

Can you please define "in the field"? How far "outfield" are you? Your camera bag is good enough most of the time. Unless you intend to continue standing in the rain.

Bring umbrella.

Optech rain cover works best. Looks professional.

I usually do one (or more) of the following:

1. Put it in my bag (I don't carry camera bags, but mine are still waterproof)
2. Open my umbrella
3. Wear my North Face Hydrogen jacket together with camera
4. Go home

I'll take out umbrella from bag, shelter my gears & bag. If have enough time, will keep camera and deploy bag rain cover. Then promptly leave the place to nearest shelter.

Poncho + rubber bands.....
disposable raincoats...
disposable raincoats + rubber bands...
disposable raincoats + lens hood (my fav)
7-11 / ntuc plastic bags....
trash bags...

last option:
check NEA website before doing outdoor shoots :) (although not 100% accurate.... or even 80% accurate, if you think about it.....)