Rain droplet on lens

raycher

Sep 22, 2015
Singapore
Hi i just start shooting as i buy my em1 recently.... so my question is in taiwan there drizzling and droplet is on the front of the lens of the clear part,
when i want to clean what should i use?
i try using soft cloth for the spectacle lens but when i want to clean it, the droplet is gone and vanish?

Hi i just start shooting as i buy my em1 recently.... so my question is in taiwan there drizzling and droplet is on the front of the lens of the clear part,
i try using soft cloth for the spectacle lens but when i want to clean it, the droplet is gone and vanish?

First use a blower brush to brush/blow away dust particles on lens ( you don't want it to act as sandpaper scratching your lens.)Next use lens cleaning liquid.Put some on cloth and wipe in circular motion the liquid will dry off quickly.Reapeat if stain still on lens.Remember to rub gently.If cannot get lens cleaner you can go to Watson's cosmetics section and buy a bottle of cleaning alchohol.Some are known as IPA ( Isoprophyl alchohol).

If it's just fresh use a tissue, done. Any dried droplet you can ignore and clean later. It will not affect your image, unless you shoot towards a source of light.

Use microfibre cloth used for cleaning eye glasses from the optician. Very effective.

constantly cleaning can clean away the lens coating. so better to have some protector on

i got filter on , i just use tissue,
if filter tio scratch den buy new 1

constantly cleaning can clean away the lens coating. so better to have some protector on
No need for excessive cleaning. Minor smudges, dust and water stains will not show up in normal pictures. Only when taking pictures with strong light sources there might be some flares. But this will happen with any 'protection filter' as well, might be even more pronounced than what the water stain does.

What I personally do is to wipe water with a microfibre cloth, then for the remaining watermarks, clean it away with a lens pen! It's really effective! :)